Antelope Buck for Reese

excavator

2416reese_antelope.jpg

Me, my twelve year old son Reese, and a friend of mine put in for antelope tags in Wyoming in the same area that my friend and I already had elk tags. Based on previous draw odds, the tag was supposed to be a slam dunk. I pretty much told my son Reese that we would be going antelope hunting in Wyoming. When we did not actually draw the tag, it was a big disappointment to him.

I felt pretty bad, so I figured out a way to obtain a Nevada antelope landowner tag for him. I figured we would be hunting for a few days, but Reese pretty much insisted on putting one down the first evening there. It was a short but fun hunt for him, and I am sure he will remember it forever.

Reese: Congrat's on a great speed goat. Looks like a good sized body on the lope? What kind of rifle are you shoot's and the caliber? Meat on the table...Again congrat's on some fine shoot'n.

))))------->

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-12 AT 10:48PM (MST)[p]I shot it with a 243 i use a 270 though. My bullets were 100 grain Remington corelok. He tastes pretty good.

Reese

Congrats on a great buck!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

Thats a good looking buck. Congrats Reese and I hope you can draw another tag next year. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom