Antelope Decoy Users

fairchase

I just bought an Antelope decoy for use in about two weeks. I am hunting with a muzzleloader with open sights in very sparse habitat, so I am looking for any angle to get within 100 yds.

To those of you have decoyed Antelope before, I am looking for any tips or tricks that have worked for you in the past. Post anything you feel could help increase my chances for success. Also, if you haven't used a decoy before but think you have a helpful suggestion, please chime in. Thank you.

Oh, in So. Idaho where I am hunting, I believe the rut is ramping up right now and should still be on when my hunt starts.

They seem to be real effective from what I have seen in videos,however I would be a little hesitant to use them during a firearms season! Some dunbsh!t might shoot at it!

I bought a Mel Dutton buck decoy last year and used it one time. It seemed to spook a big bunch of antelope that were coming into a water hole. I approached the water hole from the opposite direction and set up the decoy while they were way way off. They came within maybe 600 or 800 yards and then took off. It was the second week of the season and the first day I was able to hunt. From what I have gathered watching hunting shows and videos, they work best when the herd bucks are in rut and looking to chase off the smaller bucks. Hope you get one! I have to wait 4 more weeks before I can hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom