Antelope Island 2019

ihunt4200

Year in Review: Antelope Island Mule Deer Hunts. Which one do you shoot?

31876antelopeisland2.jpg

Neither One of them!

Cuzz I Ain't Got a Permit!

But When I Get the ALCATRAZ Permit I Sure Hope Somebody can Herd One to me!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Haha, me and a buddy had this same discussion the other day so I made this photo to help make the decision.

19530resizedpixlr20191115180925536.jpeg

Maybe the live photos will help some decide.

DISCLAIMER NOTE: none of the photos are mine.

Jake H.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

It saddens me some that these bucks are being labeled by the logo on the picture.

I get that it's just an easy frame of reference, but I'll de darned if I'm calling either of those bucks by the name of the outfitter! Particularly with one that broke rules on this very hunt! (Allegedly)

Both are incredible bucks. The dead pics make me lean towards the second buck killed, but it is probably just the angle. The wide one doesn't look all that great in the hero shot. The on the hoof photos make it a no brainer for the first buck killed, which is the wide one. Both are awesome. The one they left living, despite some efforts otherwise, was probably the biggest of the bunch. We'll see what he looks like next year.

I am taking the bottom one. The top buck is wide and huge just about anywhere but,ether the guy in the top pic has Sasquatch hands or that buck isn't as big as the picture makes him look.

I think naming it for the outfitter is the most accurate description... it's sure better than naming it after the guy who shows up with a gun and is driven up the hill behind a locked gate to pull a trigger on a deer a bunch of other dudes have filmed for four years so they can all be back to Cracker Barrel for breakfast by 10am.

Grizzly

-----------------------------------------

Ask yourself if you agree with the following statement...

"It's time to revisit the widely accepted principle in the United States and Canada that game is a public resource."
-Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as quoted in Anchorage Daily News

I would shoot the Corn Fed buck on the right.
I think the Grain Fed buck on the left may have also been licking the road salt, and has tainted meat.

I actually talked to Wade over the phone
one time, and he seemed to be a great guy.

Who cares if a bunch of foreign tourists
see a buck get harvested.

They should count themselves lucky to see first hand how conservation really works in Utah.

Congratulations to the hunters on a hunt that is tough in more ways than one.

>I actually talked to Wade over
>the phone
>one time, and he seemed to
>be a great guy.

That may be. Don't know and don't really care.

>Who cares if a bunch of
>foreign tourists
>see a buck get harvested.

Not me, but I do care if hunting laws aren't followed.

>They should count themselves lucky to
>see first hand how conservation
>really works in Utah.

By letting one lucky person and one rich person have a private hunting preserve on State land?

>Congratulations to the hunters on a
>hunt that is tough in
>more ways than one.

Haha. This has to be a joke... or maybe you've never spent time on AI or don't know any of the guides that have guided there. The only thing tough about that hunt is drawing the tag, especially if they hire an outfitter.

Grizzly

-----------------------------------------

Ask yourself if you agree with the following statement...

"It's time to revisit the widely accepted principle in the United States and Canada that game is a public resource."
-Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as quoted in Anchorage Daily News

>The only thing tough about
>that hunt is drawing the
>tag,

Ye, but what about all the crap they have to put up with after the fact,,,,huuu?

>I actually talked to Wade over
>the phone
>one time, and he seemed to
>be a great guy.

Anyone who's trying to drum up business is going to come off as a great person.

>
>>The only thing tough about
>>that hunt is drawing the
>>tag,
>
>Ye, but what about all the
>crap they have to put
>up with after the fact,,,,huuu?
>

Don't do shady crap and there is no worry.

No one is talking about Doyle, they are talking specifically about 2 guides who decided an IG pic was the most important thing.

There is ZERO tough about this hunt. Short of choosing Sushi or Steak for dinner, and whether to fly out of SLC or ogden.

Congrats to the draw hunter, too bad they chose such a shady guide.

#knucklehead

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

>>see first hand how conservation
>>really works in Utah.

>Haha. This has to be a
>joke...

Combine one point from each of our posts and we bring clarity to the whole conversation.

What happened that was shady? I haven't heard the story yet. Only seen the pics of both bucks

"We don't have a gun problem we have prescription drug problem."

If you get cited and banned from guiding AI, you are for sure, without a doubt the saddest guide on the planet. Bus loads of Japanese tourists were able to get with in rifle range of 30"+ bucks out there this weekend.

I have video of my 4 year old "stalking" into bow range of one of the bucks shot a few years back.

It ain't envy. It ain't jealousy. It's disgust.

Cited on AI. Killing sheep on closed units. Other "rumors" of shady.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

When I got "tipped" as to what happened my first response was " dear God tell me Doyle turned them in"

Funny how Doyle seems to do a lot less "shady" stuff after a certain someone left.

Cant wait to see what they pull next year.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

> I'm sure it's Trumps fault.

Why bring Trump into this, it's the two guides in the IG pics that want the glory at any cost.

Was the shady deal happen this year. Were the 2 guides cited after this last hunt. Woukd love to hear the infractions. Thanks

Were the 2 guides Japanese? Seriously we would like more info instead of second hand info. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-19 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]They just as well be Japanese, they seem to do what they want.The two people in question are wlh guides.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom