Antelope island sheds

tater_salad

Went for a hike on the island and found a few! Seen some bucks still packin
1931cimg4074.jpg

7168cimg4209.jpg

6958cimg4072.jpg

I'm not trying to stir the "tater salad", I truely don't know, but what are the Antelope Island regulations for shed gathering?

I assummed that where they make you pay for lottery tickets to shed hunt it, that it would be off limits for shed gathering outside of the alotted time.

I love mule deer, live in Utah, but have never been out to the island. If I did go to the island and go on a hike what are the rules pertaining to sheds that I might pass by?

This coming Mon/tue are the only days that it is legal to pick up sheds on the island, and only if you have one of the permits for that day. Any picking up prior to those day, no matter where you are on the island, is considered theft of state resources, which could be considered a felony. Locating them is allowed. I would guess those pics were taken to get people excited.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Yes, I think "tater" is just wanting to get some of you excited, fired up.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Well these are island sheds and yes I've already picked them up! However if you read the post it doesn't say they are from this year:) Founder is right, I couldn't help myself knowing the island antler gathering date was right around the corner. I knew some of the guys going this year would be threatening to tar and feather anyone picking up sheds early:) These sheds are from 2013. I've been on the island the last three years, all on the west side. It's fun to see the wildlife and pick up giant sheds. Usually I'd find 5 to 8 sheds each time and most guys I would see would have at least 3 or more. We would see some guys with big deadheads. However last year I only found 2 old sheds and most guys we seen had nothing or only a couple old sheds as well. I'm pretty sure some people went in early or some of the east side shed hunters (who get to go a day early) popped over to the other side and gathered a few up. A lot of the guys I talked to were pretty pissed and felt the same way. So I decided to save my money and not go this year. Any ways good luck to the ones that go this year! I would still like to see some pics from the ones who get lucky!!

Hey tater?

How many little 'Stash Piles' you got ready to Haul out real Quick?:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Larry, you've already seen this horn in person. This is the buck you called "wide eyes".

Hey Bess, I'm afraid if me or you went in to make stash piles that they have already been piled up and hidden somewhere. Those damn buffalo!:)

The were a lot of nice antlers picked up, both brown and white. Rough going for most hikers, but a few did well. Very few sets.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom