antelope island??????

Billy

Does anyone no if they are doing the shed day this year?

How much is it to go

And lase but not least who is going ?????

Good luck getting an answer here about dates. I asked last year and go my head chewed off and spit apon several times for asking a question about "OH HOLY SHED HUNTING". I still dont know, but would love to go, although I am sure I wont cuz I dont want to piss somebody off in the hills and have them shoot me or slice my tires cuz I picked of 1 of "THIER SHEDS".

Good LUCK!!!

We are tight lipped for a reason. Limited permits, limited sheds, limited day to find them. I'm sure you know where the island is and how to get there. Theres a booth where you pay to go. It has a phone in it. All you have to do is dial the number and they will give you all the info you need.

Yelum

See what I mean. A bunch of a holes in my opinion.

You're right, he can call and ask and see how much$ it costs and so on. But people act like a bunch of dickweeds about shed hunting.

So why don't you be the saint and give him the info. or better yet, take him and all his buddys to your favorite spot

Yelum

Hope you find all the info you're looking for. Heard it went up to $50.00 bucks plus the $9.00 entrance fee this year from a friend that does it every year. That should be enough to turn most people away. I love to pick up sheds as much as the next guy but what a joke. Wouldn't be surprised if they turn this over to the highest bidder in the near future. Hope I'm wrong and good luck to everyone who participates.

Velum, if I knew I would tell him. Like I said, I asked before and got my head ripped off, so I decided I did not want to go and associate with a bunch if azz holes.

If I were to guess, April 1, and as stated it looks like 59$$$. There you go velum.

Well, I've gone on 4 or 5 of them and met some pretty cool guys, and haven't met an AH yet. The AH's are the guys that sneak out with the sheds before the shed hunt. I don't mind the compition so much, but since they're limiting the permits, you decrease your chance of going if post the info. I doubt if you saw a sweet buck that you'd post its location on the web for others to pursue. Doesn't make you an AH.

Yelum

Robiland:

1- I don't see any posts from you previously with maps to your favorite spots. I think its the pot calling the kettle black.

2- I personally know YELUM and can't think of a nicer guy, so your comment about someone keeping quiet about their spot is way out of line.

Yelum,

Hope to see you out there on May 1st!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-12 AT 08:07PM (MST)[p]>Robiland:
>
>1- I don't see any posts
>from you previously with maps
>to your favorite spots. I
>think its the pot calling
>the kettle black.
>
>2- I personally know YELUM and
>can't think of a nicer
>guy, so your comment about
>someone keeping quiet about their
>spot is way out of
>line.
>
>Yelum,
>
>Hope to see you out there
>on May 1st!!!

X2 to what shedeye said.... I also know Yelum and he's great guy... He spends a lot of time watching the island and keeping info to himself is no different than you keeping your favorite shedding area quiet

Sorry Yelum and others. Not saying you are an AH. I have never met you so I cant say a thing about how he is, sorry if it seemed bad.

As for a map of where I shed hunt, well thats easy. I can count on my 2 hands the amount of sheds I have picked up. I do it for fun and exercise and to get into shape. I always hike the face of Timp. I always find plenty of boot tracks, and 1 3 pt elk shed. Spanish fork Canyon, 7 deer sheds, all old and white/chalky. Provo canyon, 1 elk shed fresh. There are a TON of other places that I have hiked and have yet to find a shed. I am a weekend warrior. I work m-f 6 am to 6 pm. So I dont get out as much as I would like to and dont scout like I should cuz of the time.

Maybe I am a little bit negative towards "most shed hunter" because I see them hurrassing the hell out of the deer and elk and I dont think its right. I have called the fish and game with pics and video of people chasing deer at the point of the mountain in belly deep snow a few years ago in Jan, and they did nothing. I confronted the guy at his truck and he says he can do what ever the hell he wanted cuz he manages the property. I see them on the face of Timp in jan chasing deer in snow.

I beleive there should be a shed season, April 1. Like a few places WINK WINK. I now the real AH will be out there illegally, but they will always be AH. I have yet to go out this year. Even though i said April 1, i usually dont get out till the end of March, 1st of April.

Good luck to all of you, post up some good pics of your AI sheds and other sheds. I still love to see them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom