Antelope Scoring??? What will he Go?

cowslayer

Out for an afternoon drive and wanted to see what you think this antelope buck will score. I need to get better at this, hopefully I have an antelope tag in my future.

My guess 73" antelope.

CS

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

He is only about 12.5 inches. Maybe 13. He has good shovels, but lacks a bunch in mass.

I would put him about 63 to 65.

Thanks for posting,

Todd

Nice lope but needs more mass. The top 3 measurements on speed goats are mass, prong length and mass! 72ish but fun to look at!

THATS A NEAT LOOKING BUCK cowslayer!!!

HE NEEDS ANOTHER YEAR!!!

I LIKE HIS STYLE (HORNS!!!)!!!

NOT BAD!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Same as Bigbuckchaser I have him at 72 I would let him slide for another year if you can.

Does it seem like his diggers are a little low on the horn? Seems like theres a lot of horn above the prong in order for two mass measurements. Maybe it's me?! Nice goat anyway...

Steve

Not sure how much more he will grow. What state? I would say he has 6-7 inches above his prong and his prongs are 5-5 1/2 inches. He is short below the prong. It's unusual for a young buck to have that much length above the prong and that good of a prong. If he grows two inches in length below the prong so you get two below and two above prong measurements, he would be a 75-77 inch buck. He is not strong in mass. If he is about done growing, he would be one to look at next year imo.

From what i have been told he has about a month of growth left, how much they grow in the last little while i have no idea?I dont think 72 is far off.

I agree with 72. I he will not grow enough to make him much bigger than that this year.

Anyone seeing any baby goats anywhere. Not too many here in NM yet.

>I agree with 72. I
>he will not grow enough
>to make him much bigger
>than that this year.
>
>Anyone seeing any baby goats anywhere.
> Not too many here
>in NM yet.

I have seen a couple fawns. The first set of twins was on April 28th - I was suprised to see them that early. Haven't seen that many fawns - damn coyotes and lions must have gotten to them. One doe only has one fawn - they almost always drop twins. Have seen lots of does in herds without fawns and moving distances - I am assuming they lost their young as just about all of the does were probably bred last year. Kind of disappointed in what I have seen.

Wow. Awesome buck above the prong. Not a shooter this year, but will be a contender in two years with some mass. I'd guess 74 which is way to much for his age. Hope he lives a couple years.

Dave
www.DukatsJournal.com
#####.com

One thing that really helps in judging is being able to see him from all angles like your pic shows. Looks good in the beginning photos and then the last makes you change your mind. The rule of thumb I was taught for trying to find a trophy is look for a minimum of 2 and 1/2 ear lengths of horn. Then Mass then shovel width. Goats are really hard to Judge. I was told that the horns grow all the time-will be really good year around here with all the moisture we've had.

Great tops with hay hooks, great prongs, OK mass above the prong. No length below the prong. He looks great in the first two photos, then the last photo shows how weak he is below the prong. He's 12 to 13" long, probably closer to 13" the way he hooks. He needs more bottom length to score very high. 70.5"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom