antelope unit 100

ridgerunner

Very Active Member
anyone on here familiar with this unit for antelope. Looking at maybe applying there next year but wanted some first hand knowledge. Feel free to send in a pm. Thanks in advance.

There's antelope there. Lots of oil related work going on. Some private land issues where you need to make sure you get the on line permission slips. The herd seems to be building back. It took a real hurting a few years ago. I've seen a few decent bucks take over the years. If you just want to hunt antelope, it's as good as any. If you want to hunt for a big buck, there are better areas.

My hunting partner took 3 or 4 years to again draw this area and hunted it last year. He took a 80" lope the first year he hunted it and a 75" lope this past season after passing some others that were only in the same class. His was only a 2-3 day hunt as he had others with him that they had to move a good distance to hunt a easier to draw unit. BTW, He saw a much better buck in the easier to draw unit.

Not saying 100 ain't great cause it sure could be but it might be overrated some when compared to some of the other tuff to draw units out there.

Joey

I drive Hwy 189 on my way to work. There are some really decent bucks that hang out on the eastern side of area 100. My advice on hunting the area would be wait until last week of Sept. or Oct 1-14th. Almost everyone is done hunting antleope by then. You'll have the place to yourself, and the antelope have settled down quite a bit. I usually see the larger bucks during this time.

Let me know if you draw and we can discuss specifics. Best of luck to you!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom