Antelope unit 112

1Bigbull

I put in for unit 112 and was curious if there was enough winterkill to negatively impact my hunt. I believe I can still pull the app. if I need to, I hate to waste the points if it is not going to be all that great. I have a call in to biologist but have not heard back and figured maybe someone here may have some insight.
Thanks,
Jason

1Bigbull:

I hunted 112 last year and had a lot of fun. I shot a mid 70 goat with my bow. I saw three goats that I thought would go over 85. One was about over 17. The area was hit hard this last winter. That being said, I was in the unit for two days this last week. I saw a lot of goats and even more surprising a lot of young goats. I saw a lot of deer and again a lot of yearlings from last year. I saw more bucks than does (deer) with a few bucks that looked like they had potential to be big. As a resident, I am putting in for 112 again this year. I don't think I will see as many goats as the past three years but it will still be a great hunt.

I hope that helps.

I think you will find out the numbers will be decent like Utah400Elk mentioned. The worst weather where there was a lot of winter-kill was way to the west over in the southwest 1/4 of the state. They found a huge number of winter-killed mulies on their recent Spring survey over in that area.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom