antelope unit 47

freedomrocks

Ok so i have been looking at unit 47 type 1.....i have the points to draw, i live 1200 miles away so a pre season scout trip is out. just a couple of questions, Should i bring a quad. or just a 4X4 pick up? Are there many roads thru the unit? I like to hike in daily , can i get away from the roads at least a couple of miles? And i will be camping in a travel trailer, are there any camp grounds with power with in 20 miles? And is this unit worth the points I have 4 Non Res. Thanks for any answers!!

I have hunted unit 47 a few times. A quad is not needed.plenty of trail roads. Antelope numbers are not what they once were.I used to see upwards of 300 animals a day,lasttime I was there I saw maybe 50 perday.Still can take a good buck but you have to be patient ,look them over good.I usually hunted the NW part of the unit.Camped on BLM land.

I have hunted 47 off and on for the last 8 years...when I draw a tag. Two years ago drew.....only got a few days to hunt anf the weather sucked and I saw very few animals. Last year did not draw and the drastically cut thet tag numbers. With all that said the area we hunt in the past held sonme rsally nice bucks. We used to camp just off a two track and I would say you would not need a atv to get around. If you want some more detailed info shoot me a PM.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom