Antelope unit 67

R

Rem308

Anyone hunt antelope in unit 67 lately? I havebeen there but it hasbeen several years ago .Might be interested in the unit because of the start date goes along with my Colorado muzzleloader elk hunt.

Russ, I hunted 67 in October and had a good hunt. We waited for the 3rd week of the season to let what pressure there is die down and we never saw another hunter in 4 days. Our only problem was the weather. The nite we got there we got about 8 inches of wet snow. Even in 4wd low you couldn't get off the 2 main roads. I had my wheeler but we couldn't tell where the 2 tracks were so we hiked. We saw a lot of goats and were fairly picky. We ended up with 2 nice heavy 14 inchers that'll be in the high 70's. Nice for sure but I was hoping for better. Perhaps if we covered more ground we could have found a couple of bigger ones. We saw 200+ goats per day and the farther east we went in the unit the more we saw. As you probably know the unit is almost all public so you don't have to worry about private land issues which makes for a nice hunt. We ''camped'' at the Holiday Inn in Riverton. Decent bar but the pool was a little cold for me :>) PM me if you want more specific info. Good Luck and Merry Christmas ! Chip

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-09 AT 07:27PM (MST)[p]That sounds good! I took my two sons in that area and we all took nice bucks a few years ago.The weather then was hot and dry.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom