Antelope winterkill

ridgerunner

Very Active Member
Not much talk about antelope winterkill in Utah this winter, how bad is it in the different parts of the state?

I'll respectfully say if you are interested watch the wildlife board workshop video that pertains to antelope.

Maybe nobody agrees with the data but at least it is a pretty good indicator.

In a nut shell the north sucks and the south is ok.

Actually watch the southern RAC discussion because they are over run with antelope apparently.

That's good news. Still trying to decide whether to put in for SW Desert muzzy which should be 100% with my point or SRN muzzy with @1/10 chance. Really leaning towards hunting this year and going to SWD. Time frame works for other hunts planned. Someone talk me out of it if I'm making a bad call.

DWR reporting antelope made it through fine.

Some won’t accept that, but those are the reports from the experts.

IMG_6644.jpeg

DWR is harder on antelope than any winterkill. Parker Mountain used to be a fun hunt.
Agreed. Hunted that area for most of my life. It went from having antelope everywhere to very, very few. Hard to believe all the doe tags and captures to transplant didn't have a negative effect.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom