Any Bass Hill archery reports?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-13 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]

My buddies killed two good ones there this year but they were the only two shooters they saw all season. I'm guessing they're the same two you boys are talking about.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-13 AT 03:14AM (MST)[p]I've seen pics of four... one 5x4, two four points and a big three. My buddy shot one of them. He said that he saw very few good bucks. Ed F

It's amazing to me that this hunt still takes so many points to draw. I was accumulating points for this hunt a while back but finally burned them on another tag. It's not worth the points that it takes to draw anymore.

You are correct about it not being worth the points. I think these hunts are popular only because they guarantee the hunter will at least see bucks, but the bucks themselves are the same ones available throughout the unit during the earlier hunts. I think many hunters simply have trouble finding these bucks during the early season and so find it worth holding their points and waiting.

I had the tag last year and I hunted 19 of the 23 or so days. We saw one real good buck, but he was across the road from the wildlife area never found his way to the public. The weather was terrible for hunting and that definitely didn't help us.

We saw 15-20 bucks a day, but they were the same bucks over and over for the most part. Other than the one big buck on private, most of the better deer were in the 22" range. I had already taken a 25" blacktail earlier in the year, so it was easy to be picky.

All in all it was a fun hunt, but not worth the 8 points IMO.
Hammnit

Do it! I blew it about 5 times. Lost one I hit at 20 yards.
Here is a video I took of a buck in our motel pkg lot in town.

We drew it with 8 points. Seen lots of good bucks. Heres a another nice buck we seen two days prior to the opener. This is real bad video but at the end you see me standing there 6-7 yards from him taking pictures. I have lots of good photos of bucks from our hunt including the one my cousin killed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom