any camping/hunting tricks to make life easier?

JimmyA

Any camping/hunting tricks you want to share to make it more comfortable?

Baby wipes make camping/hunting sooooooooo much better!

Starting the camp fire with 1/3 of a duraflame log at the bottom makes it effortless.

Using a propane torch as your "lighter" is easy. Dont use those disposables.

When your sitting around the campfire and you need a tiny bit more warmth, a few coals under your chair will take care of that. We call it a "Scooby."

I can't take credit for most of these ideas. Learned most from hunting partners.

JimmyA

Sleep on yer back if camping with deadibob. His pillow biter talk makes me nervous!:D

Run a half dozen of these onto the center pole of your wall tent to hang lanterns, clothes hangers, or anything else on them.

8549showcurtainhook.jpg

Dc

Indoor/outdoor carpet rolled out in front of your tent helps cut down on the debris inside.

Remember your sleeping bag I've forgotten mine twice in 61 years and it's inconvenient, to say the least. Ha

Most important, roll with the punches and have fun. Tent camping is almost as much about mind-set as it is preparation.

Zeke

When your pilot drops you off in Alaska 60 air miles from the nearest village, make sure he unloads your sleeping bag before taking off with the promise to check on you in 4 days, weather permitting.

This actually happened to me.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

If the bees are about like they are where i hunt in the fall, sacrifice a few small pieces of meat out off the edges of your camp area. They will keep the meat bees and wasps busy with something to carve up, pack away, and out of your sandwich or any other meals.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Stay at the best luxury hotel you can find and don't worry about the small stuff.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom