Any chance for a refund??

ChubbyTuna

Drove 13 hours straight yesterday (solo) to get here. Bought the OTC tag at Walmart in Cortez and started up the mountain. Just as I get to the turnoff, I get a call from home. Family emergency and I got go come home. Nobody's hurt or sick but I gotta get home. 13 hours on the road again tomorrow. Uhgg!

$551 bucks for a tag and never even laced up the boots. Not counting the food and gas. Looked forward to this trip all year and got so close. Now just sitting in my hotel depressed and disappointed. I know it's a long shot but any chance I can get a refund for the tag. It's a good chunk of change for me.

I would call them in the morning and give it a shot, not sure if they will cause i believe you have to turn the tag in before the season starts, but it is always worth asking.

You have to go to Durango DOW office. 1 hour drive from Cortez. But yes, they'll refund all but $3 i think maybe less $. As long as you didn't hunt may have to sign aphidavate (spelling i know) Hope things are ok.
Happy Huntin!!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom