Any thoughts on a Sako?

D

Dirtysteve

Are the Sako's really worth the price? I would love to have one but I can almost buy 2 Remingtons for the same price as one Sako.
But Damn they are nice! What's your thoughts on them?

They are really nice guns... They shoot really well, are very well balanced, have a smooth action, and are nice to look at. I don't have on yet but have had my eye on one for a while. My brother has two, I used to shoot them quite a bit, they don't even compare to my three Remingtons...

Ivan

I almost got the Sako that is made for Lazzeroni. Just a little more than I wanted to spend. They sell it chambered for the Warbird round. They sell it for somewhere around $900.

i have one sako. it's a really old .222 with double set triggers. inherited it. it was made around 1950-55. it's a real nice rifle. but i don't care for the newer sakos. there's nothing wrong with them. seem to be well made and smooth. can't add anything on the accuracy, because i don't know. i just think they are sorta clubby looking and real expensive. get a good remington and polish it up. or a winchester. spend the money you save on a really good scope and mounts.

DS, I have two SAKO's. One Heavy BBL .243WIN and one Forrester 7MM MAG. They both shoot outstanding and will, anyday, out shoot any of my Remingtons, HANDS DOWN !!! They are extremely well made and will "group" right outta the box. EXCELLENT INVESTMENT!!!!

I had a sako once too much money, My remingtons with a little polishing are twice the gun the sako was, I traded it on another remington. NOT worth the money to me, and then you need sako scope mounts, silly. For the money go with the remington or ruger both will shoot as well or out shoot the sako.

I have a SAKO action on my .220 swift. Can you say ultra smooth? Love the action, but the little extractor unit on the bolt can have a tendancy to come off. I've blown mine off on a hot load before. My Dad's buddy has had the same thing happen on a larger caliber rifle also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom