ANYBODY BEEN CHECKING ON THE DRATville ELK RECENTLY???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Made A Trip Back In To The Fairly High Country A Few Days Back!

Seen 4 Different Herds Of Elk & It's Really Not A Great Place To See/Find/Hunt Elk!

Here's The Disturbing Part:

1st Herd:

The Biggest Herd We Seen & I Did Not Get An Accurate Count on This Bunch But Approximately 90-100 Head!

2 MOTL Bulls Still Running With Their Mothers!

5 Calves & I'm Perty Sure I Seen What Calves Were There To See!

2nd Group:

8 Bulls Standing On an Ice/Snow Pile!

3rd Bunch:

29 Cows & 8 Calves!

4th Herd:

78 Cows & 5 Calves!

A Couple of Nubbins Bulls!

I've Seen Calf Crops Down Some But I've Never Seen It This Bad!

Just Wondering If Any Of You Are Seeing Anything This Bad In Your Neck Of The Woods!

The Goat Count Was way Down As Well!

This Was On The South Slope!

How Bout It DAX?

You Been Up This Way Looking?

"Ol Kitty", I spent last week in the Group site in Uinta Canyon, didn't see a single calf or fawn.

Saw lots of does, not 1 buck and not 1 fawn.

Saw a few elk high in the canyon, not 1 calf!

Worst I've ever witnessed.

Thanks For The Replies!

I Thought I Was seeing Things When I Seen That Few A Calves!

Sad Part Is I Mighta Seen More Than You Guys Did!

South Slope Is Gonna Get Clobbered With Elk Hunters Again This Year!

"Ol Kitty", I spent last week in the Group site in Uinta Canyon, didn't see a single calf or fawn.

Saw lots of does, not 1 buck and not 1 fawn.

Saw a few elk high in the canyon, not 1 calf!

Worst I've ever witnessed.

I'll Keep My Eyes & Ears Peeled!

The South Slope Moose Have Not Been Doing Too Well For Several Years!

Best Of Luck To You!

South Slope diamond mountain/Vernal. Keep an eye out for me. Started on the east side of the unit, been working west learning all the country I can

Went out too the bookcliffs the other day. Seen 100-200 elk, I didn't count but I was seeing a pretty good cow/calf ratio.

I haven't been in areas on diamond that have the cows hanging out so can't say how they are doing up there. But.... the deer numbers are not looking good. I'm seeing at best 1/5th of the deer I see on a normal year. Especially the south end of the unit. The rim Ranch will usually have easily 100+ deer running around and the most I have seen so far thos year has been 3 deer total. Most years you will see 30-50+ bucks in there, and I'm not even seeing big groups of does.

The Diamond mtn deer got hit extremely hard, the elk seemed to have faired a bit better.

1689282790142.jpeg

took this picture this morning. Lots of calves in the bunch.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom