Anybody know

Cookie2

Very Active Member
I was fortunate enough to be called for population management hunt for FI ibex last month. Checked in my head and did all the paperwork. Supposedly there's a special draw for a Billy tag for successful hunters on this hunt. Anyone know when that happens or if it already did?

Talked with game and fish officer when I took my head in about how this works. He stated they do the special draw prior to the regular draw and if your the lucky one then they will pull your app. From regular draw. I'm hoping he's incorrect because no Bueno here on ibex tag.

Even the lotto odds were terrible. They kept having hunts to get enough people to qualify. Only 5 tags for the lotto. I bet the odds will be less than 5%.

I just got the answer, we did process that draw and Im getting the list in just a while.Curtis and Paul Ill let you both know if your on it..

>I just got the answer, we
>did process that draw and
>Im getting the list in
>just a while.Curtis and Paul
>Ill let you both know
>if your on it..

Thanks. Curtis said I could have his tag, if his name comes up.

Yeah, odds were not good. It was only for 1 tag, and although I have no idea of the success rate, I know that regular F/IM draw hunters had 50 tags, depredation 100, 150 and 150 that I know of. There may have even been another depredation besides these 3.

So that's at least 450 hunters. Maybe 50% success would be chances of getting the billy tag of 1/225 or less than half of one percent. At best it was maybe 1-2% chance. I knew guys who were pumped to whack a nanny for the chance of the billy tag, but in reality it wasn't any better than the chances of drawing a tag in the regular draw.

And for the record I think G&F is crazy knocking down the population like they are doing.

Thanks Rio. Didn't figure it was good odds but last ditch hopes.

Paul, you forget I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

I have no idea what they did or didn't do, but right from page 98 of Rules & Info "Individuals who successfully harvest...will be eligible to enter a drawing for one ES Ibex".

Knowing how NM works, they may or may not have followed this rule, but that's the way it reads.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom