ANYBODY WATCHING THE NFR???

Yep, every night. One of the Wright boys is out for the event, pulled a hamstring.

Lots of crowd nonsense filling the dead time, modern country music….. fake enthusiasm, gets a little tiring……. The cowboys are still great at their sport so I’ll put up with the other stuff.

Been watching off and on, couple good buddies are there……. I stayed home this year for another deer hunt 🙄 Wish I woulda went !!!!

Yep, every night. One of the Wright boys is out for the event, pulled a hamstring.

Lots of crowd nonsense filling the dead time, modern country music….. fake enthusiasm, gets a little tiring……. The cowboys are still great at their sport so I’ll put up with the other stuff.
Enjoy the action. I don’t care for the tv production. I record it and start watching about an hour late. I can fast forward through a lot of the junk, and usually can watch the bull riding live. BacDoc🤠

My boy is there…
I have access to tickets every year, through a good friend, it recent years my son has gone instead. He and his wife enjoy going way more than I do.

I used to know a few of the contestants and stock contractors but they are either dead or too old to play anymore……. harder to stay interest nowadays. 😁

Last edited:
Watch it every night. A couple of the stock contractors are local to my area. I also play the Pro Fantasy Rodeo game so it keeps me involved even more.

In laws have sweet tickets! 3 rows off the dirt, but didn’t go this year cause of the little one, hope to be there in the future it’s a good time for sure

I thought maybe Unitah county didn’t count.🤠 Ky’s out for today, maybe Josh can get it going and can catch up a little. I like to root for all the Basin Cowboys, but Josh was a Union wrestler. I hope Ky makes it back.🤞

Isn't it cute how it has turned into a western (fake) fashion show in the stands?

It's much worse than the Expo with flat brimmers wearing Kuiu vests and pierced ears 🤣

Isn't it cute how it has turned into a western (fake) fashion show in the stands?

It's much worse than the Expo with flat brimmers wearing Kuiu vests and pierced ears 🤣
I will say this, in all my years of watching those fake fashion folks, I’ve never seen them get into a fight, throw beer, boo a judge, etc etc……. Lots of families with young children having a great time together.

I mentioned that to my wife last night. Pretty classy bunch of people in that crowd, in my opinion.

By and large, the same goes for the Expo folks.

When folks are having a great time they like to dress in the fashion of the day. Have you ever noticed how often the cowboys have changed the shape of their hats every few years……… it’s fake too, I guess.

Oh well…….. wait til tomorrow, if you don’t like what they’re wearing today.

I will say this, in all my years of watching those fake fashion folks, I’ve never seen them get into a fight, throw beer, boo a judge, etc etc……. Lots of families with young children having a great time together.

I mentioned that to my wife last night. Pretty classy bunch of people in that crowd, in my opinion.

By and large, the same goes for the Expo folks.

When folks are having a great time they like to dress in the fashion of the day. Have you ever noticed how often the cowboys have changed the shape of their hats every few years……… it’s fake too, I guess.

Oh well…….. wait til tomorrow, if you don’t like what they’re wearing today.
Well I will say this....the NFR folks display a lot of money, at least we don't see straw bling bling hats from the Flying J like at local city rodeos 😁

Well I will say this....the NFR folks display a lot of money, at least we don't see straw bling bling hats from the Flying J like at local city rodeos 😁
At least they are wearing hats and dressing western. i'm all for promoting the western industry. shows like yellowstone don't portray cowboys realistically but at least they are getting these city folks to buy and dress western. and i feel like once they're exposed to it, they love it. i go to the nfr every year and the cowboy christmas at the convention center this past saturday was the most crowded that i've ever seen.

Bull riding stole the show this morning. Great to see that Ky is ok. The Kimzey’s are both really riding well. Good to see Josh win a round. Bruno is really riding well. Two wrestlers winning a round. It’s a good day 🤠 BacDoc

The wife and kids are there. My youngest daughter and I watched it last night, the bull won that fight! Really happy to see Ky is ok, that was a heck of a wreck!

I got to go one night and got to go to the private one this morning.
They opened it up to UNLV faculty, staff and students with immediate family. (my daughter was present and close to where the action went down on campus last week) Pretty nice of them if you ask me.
So we took advantage of high dollar seats for free.
I gotta agree with Lumpy on the crowd.
Nice to see Ky riding so quick after that punch he took.
Tough fellers for sure.
I know watching on TV is different but if you are there watching live it goes by quick and entertaining.

At least they are wearing hats and dressing western. i'm all for promoting the western industry. shows like yellowstone don't portray cowboys realistically but at least they are getting these city folks to buy and dress western. and i feel like once they're exposed to it, they love it. i go to the nfr every year and the cowboy christmas at the convention center this past saturday was the most crowded that i've ever seen.
Went to cowboy Christmas last Thursday and Friday, Thursday wasn’t bad but Friday you couldn’t even move. We had rodeo tickets for the opening night unfortunately. Met the wright brothers Friday morning in our hotel, they were nice as could be. They were also at dinner later that night as well as rocker and Donny gay.

Anyone like barrel racing?

Screenshot 2023-12-14 085545.png

her mare has lost a step, wonder if there's something wrong with her. she's sure won a lot of money on her.
Something with her horse is definitely amiss, her times are off a lot right now. That’s horse problems, not people problems. Up side…… some of those other ladies get to cash a check now.

I was there Tuesday and Wednesday Night. We saw the Ky wreck live. We were shocked he was back the next day. The first tie down roper out of the box Wed night set a arena record at 6.4. We were all still on our feet cheering when the next guy went 6.1. It was so loud that it spooked the calf worse than normal and he fought to get untied for a no time.

Damn, Hamilton took two more to the head and I think got stepped on for good measure again tonight!

Hate that! Seen too many wreaks over the years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom