Anyone from Bountiful???

Ozzman

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-10 AT 12:22PM (MST)[p]Heard on the news this morning that 40% of the folks Bountiful would like to get rid of the deer that winter in city limits. They feel like the numbers grow every year, and they cause too many problems.

In a way I can see where they may be coming from as they can cause problems in their yards, or damage to vehicles etc... but those types of things can be avoided (for the most part) on a personal level.

There are talks going on between the Bountiful city council and the DWR to come up with a solution... A couple of things mentioned on the news as "possible fix's" are bringing in snipers to take care of them, forcing abortions on does (however the h*ll that works?) or even creating an archery season that would take place in city limits....

Seems a bit ridiculous to me...What are everyone elses thoughts?

Here is a link to the story...

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=70701

oh well move!!! whinnin asses.
They built there what the hell did they expect. I think its great there eating there bushes ect....
Hiring snippers oh my hell, I say piss on them!! Stay off the winter range you idiots.

Yeah, these people need to realize that Utah's people don't have a deer problem but that Utah's deer have a people problem.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Let's see I build in a flood plain and my house
floods when it rains how stupid Am I.
I build in the winter range of a deer herd
and complain about it HOW STUPID AM I..
Just like the jerk that builds in a flood plain
and complains when he get flooded.
Move if you are that dam stupid to live there
and ##### about it.The deer were their first.....

How about they plant shrubs that deer don't like.

Slow down while driving that takes care of a lot of issues.

There problem solved.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

+1 to all the posters so far! Isn't it funny how these clowns b!tch and moan about the deer damaging their property and then b!tch and moan about the archery hunters wounding deer that end up dying in their backyards and b!tch and moan about finding arrows in their backyards...b!tch, b!tch, b!tch. Who was there first? If you don't like it then move...move far, far away! Whiners suck!

How about planting more natural vegetation and enjoying the view. I certainly would'nt complain.

I agree with you guys but.... This isn't a winter range problem. Its a herd of resident deer that never leave and the population just gets bigger but I say letem live...

Thanks for the link. I grew up there. It is disgusting how high they have built on the hill. That being said, the deer have spread significantly throughout the city.
My mom lives well below orchard drive and had her side view mirror on her car broke by a deer running out of our backyard the other night.

An archery hunt would be great but 40% wont get it into law. It will be interesting to see if the city council has the guts to institute a hunting season.

>Thanks for the link.
>I grew up there.
>It is disgusting how high
>they have built on the
>hill.
>That being said, the deer
>have spread significantly throughout the
>city.
>My mom lives well below orchard
>drive and had her side
>view mirror on her car
>broke by a deer running
>out of our backyard the
>other night.
>
>An archery hunt would be great
>but 40% wont get it
>into law. It
>will be interesting to see
>if the city council has
>the guts to institute a
>hunting season.

Poor deer. Tell your mom to park here car in the garage, she could have seriously hurt one of those deer.

>I agree with you guys but....
>This isn't a winter range
>problem. Its a herd of
>resident deer that never leave
>and the population just gets
>bigger but I say letem
>live...

There is a resident herd that stays down amongst the homes, but the lack of winter range is a big problem. The porblem is intensified in the winter as deer come off the mountain and into their old winter range that is now overrun with homes.

However, I don't believe home owners are all to blame here. In fact it was the original landowners right to do with his property what he wanted........if he wanted to develop it, then that was his right.....if a person buys a home and doesn't realize the problem until winter hits......what then.....live with'em.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-10 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]Move to Haiti.......they don't have a deer problem.

"the original owner gan do whatever he wants with his property"............that's funny, right there!

UTARDS!.......making America giggle for nearly 200 years!

I live in Bountiful. This whole thing is ridiculous. Even if they do kill a few, they'll just be replaced by others. I love watching the wildlife. I'd love to have the deer in my yard year round. Tell me what I can plant just so I can replace their winter range that my yard has taken away. That's exactly why I moved to the foothills was to get away from the city as much as possible and enjoy nature a little. I sit on my porch with my scope 3-4 times a week in the winter glassing the mountain above my home. I watch the deer as they get up and feed in the late afternoon on their way down to town at night. It's great! Leave them alone and learn to enjoy it! It's the best part of living where we do, even though we never should have built this high.

I think that it is funny how the people that live in Bountiful like to run and hike in the hills and everynow and then you hear of someone getting attacked by a couger so they all freak out and go on a couger hunt. They kill the couger and probably a couple others just to be safe. LESS COUGERS = MORE DEER. You guys freaking live in the mountains, get over it!!!!!

nothing wrong with a city archery hunt if its done right. Ive been back east and seen tree stands right next to walmarts and other stores..

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom