Anyone have Lasik?

Ransom did it and won't look back. He can't look back actually but he does look to the sides.

49e654e6797e1f55.jpg

He was so impressed with results that his bragging convinced bobcat to follow. He's never seen so many pisscutters.

49e655107a233197.jpg

If that is not reason enough you should ask one of our resident guys that worships Claude Dallas. He has never seen things more clearly.

49e655b37ce708ec.jpg

498a6f395e505405.jpg

I had it done about 6 or 7 years ago.

Rarely does a day pass when I don't think about how awesome it is. My vision is now 20/15. Think of it as mounting high end binos to your head. WORTH EVERY PENNY. In retrospect I'd pay ten times as much as I did.

Advice: DO NOT go for the cheapest you can find. Go to a Dr with one of the best lasers and who will offer you ongoing care. Avoid the lasik shops. Pay more for a job well done. Don't gamble on your eyes.

I had it done 6-7 years ago as well and as stated before its worth every penny. I paid, If I remember correctly, about 3,000. My vision is now 20/15 too. The biggest improvement was at night while driving, I no longer see halos or stared out head lights. I do have to say it is VERY nice not having to wear glasses while hunting and worrying about fog and water drops.
The only draw back I have is now I see double pins when trying to focus on the target when shooting my bow. Or two targets when focusing on the pins. I believe it changed my dominate eye. That took a bit of getting used to, but by squinting my eye focuses them together-Problem solved.

All in all- I highly recommend it. As dryfly said- don't gamble on your eyes- go to a well known office with the most up to date laser. I'm sure they have changed even since mine were done.

I had it done 2 years ago. 20/20 now, and loving it!

I went through Dr. Jay Swartz (Swartz Laser Eye Clinic, Scottsdale AZ). Cost me just under $3K. Well worth it IMO!

As had been said. Don't go for a discount job!!!!!! Good luck!

S.

:)

WELL I HEARD COPPER BOY (AKA RUS!!!) HAD IT DONE!!!

TO BAD HE DIDN'T GET IT DONE BEFORE ELECTION TIME!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I had my done in 2002. I only paid $1500.00 because I got a better rate through my insurance. I had Dr. Hoopes in Salt Lake City do it. Several co-workers also went about the same time and had it done. We are all happy about it.

Had it done three years ago. Best money I have ever spent. Lasik plus in SLC. Cost $2500 insurance picked up $1500 so $1000 out of pocket with lifetime adjustments. Could have went cheaper they have 3 differant laser I chose the middle one.

My wife did 4 yr ago still talks about how awesome it is all the time, she too says worth every penny and more.

She keeps telling me I need it too but I still wear contacts and am too much of a chicken to let them burn on my eyes with a lazer.

My wife had it done a couple months back. She went to Hoopes Vision. It is amazing to see how fast a person can recover. She loves her new eyes and has no regrets.

Wife had it done about a year ago and loves it. She said that she never would have married me if she knew how ugly I really was.

Thanks for all the replys, I think I
am going to skip my yearly Lake Powell
fishing trip this year so I can afford
to have it done.

A couple of questions though, I am leaning
towards Hoops, and I am sure at the conseltation
they can answer some questions, but how did
you go about having your Insurance help pay,
did the Clinic help you with that?

The main reason I am getting it done
is because I wear contacts 70% of the time,
and when A guy is ruffing it on a hunt for
a week, with no running water or good light
it is a major pain in the butt.

I wouldnt trust my eyes to anyone butt Hoopes. My wife had her eyes done 1 or 2 years ago. SHe went to consultations at a couple other Lasik places, and they all said that her eye sight was too far gone to even qualify as a candidate for Lasik. She went to Hoopes and they did a very thorough exam and consultation and she was found to be a candidate. She was legally blind without her contacts (I think she was -8.5 in both eyes). She now has 20/20 vision.

Not only that, but they share there lobby/waiting room with a plasitc surgery center, so the eye candy while you are waiting is worth while as well!! :) I was walking with my wife down the hallway and glanced over and some girl was looking through the doctors "before and after book". :)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-09 AT 09:20AM (MST)[p]I had mine done in Spokane Wa, vision was 20/400 before sugery. My vision did nothing but get better. After a full year my vision in now 20/12 in right eye and 20/15 in my left eye. Some of the best money I had ever spent.

John

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom