Anyone know Aram Von Benedikt?

What kind of man or sportsman doesn’t do everything he can to have that woman shoot and kill that buck?
Completely agree. He should have stopped his own pursuit and helped her...or at minimum just left to go hunt a deer someone had not already shot. What a cluster...not a deer in the world I'm going to do any of the BS this clown Aram did. I'm betting about right now he wishes he had just tipped his cap to this lady and congratulated her on a fine buck.

On the flipside how was he supposed to know? I am sitting there looking for my target buck... I hear some shots, then the buck I was after or any buck for that matter comes busting out of the brush seemingly uninjured. It gives me a shot. I take the shot and I know for a fact that shot connected as the buck that ran into view uninjured is now carrying a leg and bleeding.

I can see this point, however in this case he didn't see the collar. His guys in a spotter didn't see the collar. So not 100% sure how much he can verify about his shot and where it hit based on eye witness testimony.

I had an incident like this 20 plus years ago. It was a legit 185 class buck on public land. I was hunting with a group of four guys. I shot the buck and it went down. One of the guys in the group ran up (scampered up in deep snow because he was just a little guy) to the downed deer and put his muzzle to the deer’s head. Again, the buck was down. I stopped him and asked what he thought he was doing. He said he was “putting him out of its misery”. He then then put the muzzle to the deer’s chest and shot. He started jumping up and down about the huge buck he killed. He immediately tagged the buck and was yelling and screaming because of how big his deer was. The two other guys told him it was my deer. He started to panic and was getting set for an argument. He kept saying that he put the killing shot on the deer when he shot it in the chest (contact wound).

I simply said congrats on an awesome deer. I never hunted with that group again. I can’t imagine having a deer, elk, grouse (insert whatever animal here) that somebody else shot. It would make me feel like a fool.

The more and more I see these crazy threads, the l more I fear hunting (as I know it) is dying. I sincerely hope he looks at the deer and understands he is an asshat. Awesome to self admit taking a 700 yard shot, without ranging, just to steal a lady’s deer.

Last edited:
I had an incident like this 20 plus years ago. It was a legit 185 class buck on public land. I was hunting with a group of four guys. I shot the buck and it went down. One of the guys in the group ran up (scampered up in deep snow because he was just a little guy) to the downed deer and put his muzzle to the deer’s head. Again, the buck was down. I stopped him and asked what he thought he was doing. He said he was “putting him out of its misery”. He then then put the muzzle to the deer’s chest and shot. He started jumping up and down about the huge buck he killed. He immediately tagged the buck and was yelling and screaming because of how big his deer was. The two other guys told him it was my deer. He started to panic and was getting set for an argument. He kept saying that he put the killing shot on the deer when he shot it in the chest (contact wound).

I simply said congrats on an awesome deer. I never hunted with that group again. I can’t imagine having a deer, elk, grouse (insert whatever animal here) that somebody else shot. It would make me feel like a fool.

The more and more I see these crazy threads, the l more I fear hunting (as I know it) is dying. I sincerely hope he looks at the deer and understands he is an asshat. Awesome to self admit taking a 700 yard shot, without ranging, just to steal a lady’s deer.
Wow! In your case, I'd have grabbed the little fella by the scruff and kicked him in his arse and sent him back to camp without supper. I would have also told him I would let Santa know and to expect coal in his stocking.

Young girl/young lady whatever.....is it a crime to help someone set up to take a shot? I have 2 nieces that have taken some GREAT animals, is it wrong my brother and I have helped them get set up? Less of a trophy? Evidence shows she hit the deer 2 times and the only bullet he put in it was when he blew past her and shot it.

I can guarantee if that was my niece, granddaughter, wife, etc that dude would need help getting off the mountain. But it never would have gotten that far because bullys are cowards and cowards walk away when confronted.

He took that deer from her period...no way to argue otherwise.

He is a bully that took her deer to satisfy his ego.

How the hell can he feel good about it?
No the evidence did not show that, her version of the story claimed that. But the fact seems that if a person cant figure out how to find an animal in the scope they probably should not be shooting over 600 yards... Can you show the proof or evidence that she hit it twice? They claimed she hit it twice, his story says she hit once low abdomen in a non lethal or at the very least not lethal anytime soon.

Either way they both screwed up. The truth lies someplace in the middle. Her account is slanted and skewed, his account is also slanted and skewed. However I don't believe for one second that Easton would have stood around and let this man bully his wife? What sort of beta male would allow this to happen the way she described it? Obviously from your response you would not, I would not, so why did Easton let it go? Is it that Easton realized that they screwed and lost the deer and someone else cleaned up their mess? If her story is so certain and it checks out, why cry on social media and not contact authorities?

If the guy was racing down the track, the guy was being an ass, or anything else claimed, where is the cell phone video?

Either way, the real lesson here is make a good clean kill shot, if you can't hold or handle a gun or you cant find an animal in the scope lets not try a shot over 500 yards, don't agree to something in the field then stew on it and throw crap all over social media, on his end pictures, don't play the victim, video again worth a 1000 words...

It is messed up and both parties screwed up and both parties are in the wrong.

I just figured it wasn’t worth it. He was way too excited. I have never been crazy about deer…elk yes but not deer. I got to continue hunting and shot a slightly smaller (scored 178) deer the next day. The other two guys refused to hang out with him again. So, he lost two childhood friends and from what I have been told, he has not hunted again. He has the head hung in his home. I am sure he feels silly about it. His childhood friends still make fun of him every time they see him.

I have a high stress job and have too much going on the fright over an animal. All the crazy going on is bad for hunting. IMO

There were definitely mistakes on the ladies and her husbands side, but Aram ain’t no kind of man at all…

Todd
I'd have to lean towards the woman's side on this after reading through, but this Easton doesn't sound like much of a "man" either. How could he let someone take that buck if it was rightfully his wifes'? But, I wansn't there. Maybe Abraham is a big fella.

Alot Of years Ago!

We went To Farmington Bay QUACKER Hunting!

That Year The Law Said You Couldn't Shoot Hen Mallards!

Was Opening Morning!

Waiting For The Opening Morning Time To Roll Around!

As Usual Some Smart-Ass Across The Bay Capped One Off About 20 Minutes Before Legal Hunting Time!

That's all It Took & A Steady ROAR Followed!

I Waited For Legal Time To Roll Around!

Here Came A Pair Of Mallards Way The Hell Up In The Sky!

I Shot The Drake & He Was Falling!

As He Was Falling 2 Other JACK-TARDS Shoot Him A Couple More Times As He's Falling!

We All Meet At The Bird!

The Other 2 Guys Start Arguing Over Who's Bird It Was!

It's Mine!

BS,It's Mine!

I Said:

Yup It's Your Bird & Walked Off!

That Nasty Basty Had More LEAD In Him Than Meat!

If this was a duck instead of a buck, both parties would deny having to take it.
“I shot at it also but I’m sure you killed it. You take it”.

I'd have to lean towards the woman's side on this after reading through, but this Easton doesn't sound like much of a "man" either. How could he let someone take that buck if it was rightfully his wifes'? But, I wansn't there. Maybe Abraham is a big fella.
So are you saying you would go hands on over a dead deer with at least one armed person present?????

Any time you need a law to decide an argument, morality has been abandoned.

Common sense. Be a good person. Have respect. Have self pride. Help others. The golden rule. Etc. etc etc. etc. etc.

WTF have we turned into? At this point I feel bad that a deer of that age lost his life to this **** show.

I Can hit/Wound him!

I Can Shoot 800-900 Yards But My Bullet At That Range Doesn't Have Much Energy Left!

And I Can Run Faster Than Most!

Especially After A Buck That Was Wounded Before I Wounded It By Somebody-else Again & Again!

It looks and sounds like Rachel and Easton are young, maybe early 20s and most likely inexperienced at hunting. Should she have been taking a shot at that range? Probably not, but it sounds like Aram should not have been taking a shot at the range he was at. He did not even know how far it was.
It kind of sounds like Easton and Rachel was a little over whelmed and intimidated.
If she was in the right yes she should get it out there and let pepole know that this guy that is supposed to be a representative of the hunting world is no professional.
I don't know if Rachel's storey is right but I do know Arams storey tells me enough to know he was in the wrong.
Just my two cents

I have removed my recent post.

I have involved the UDWR authorities to help sort this all out. This may take some time, but I will do my best to keep you apprised.

This is from Aram's Facebook.

I have removed my recent post.

I have involved the UDWR authorities to help sort this all out. This may take some time, but I will do my best to keep you apprised.

This is from Aram's Facebook.
Just so everyone is clear, this is what Aram posted on his Facebook today.

"I have removed my recent post.

I have involved the UDWR authorities to help sort this all out. This may take some time, but I will do my best to keep you apprised. "

Just thought I would clear that up since Matt's post was kinda confusing.

You Don't need to Contact The DWR!

You Needed To MAN-UP The day It Happened & You Shoulda Done The RIGHT Thing Then!

Sometimes ETHICS Over-Rule What The Law Says!

And Yes I Do Know That The Laws/Rules Say The Pearson That Kills/Finishes The Animal Off 'Can' Claim The Animal!

EDIT: As Soon As The DWR Tells Him He Is The The Person That Can Legally Tag The Buck Since He Shot It Last It'll Be Put On The WWW & Everything's CHERRY!

You Don't need to Contact The DWR!

You Needed To MAN-UP The day It Happened & You Shoulda Done The RIGHT Thing Then!

Sometimes ETHICS Over-Rule What The Law Says!

And Yes I Do Know That The Laws/Rules Say The Pearson That Kills/Finishes The Animal Off 'Can' Claim The Animal!

EDIT: As Soon As The DWR Tells Him He Is The The Person That Can Legally Tag The Buck Since He Shot It Last It'll Be Put On The WWW & Everything's CHERRY!
I’m not so sure?
He confronted them and then jumped in front of them and cut them off mid-chase?
Would that be considered illegal under the Hunter Harassment laws?

"Tagging requirementsUtah Code § 23-20-30 and Utah Admin. Rule R657-5-17After you’ve taken a big game animal, you must tag the animal before moving the carcass or leaving the site of the kill. To tag a big game animal, completely detach the tag from your big game permit and completely remove the three notches that indicate the date the animal was taken and the sex of the animal. Then, attach the tag to the animal so that the tag remains securely fastened and visible. You may not remove more than one notch indicating the date or sex, or tag more than one animal, using the same tag. Also, you may not hunt or pursue big game after any of the notches have been removed from the tag or the tag has been detached from your permit.Your tag must remain with the largest portion of the animal’s me"

I wonder if he'll talk with the UDWR about his tagging process...

He should of fallowed a lot of his own advise he him self gave in these two articles. And I feel he made more wrong decisions in this situation with him self proclaiming that he is the more superior expert hunter. And if he is such an expert that he can give advise to the masses on ethics of long range hunting and hunting public land etiquette, but he him self chooses to not fallow his own advise. kind of says a lot about the man in my opinion.

I have read both sides; ultimately I think he manipulated the situation in every facet to justify why he should have a deer. Most hunters live by first blood, others can jump in and help retrieve but ultimately the first one to shoot at and hit the buck should have every opportunity to finish the harvest. Just give the horns back to the rightful hunter and be done with it.

We've all heard stories like this happening. Glad this guy's name is out, and hopefully justice will come of it. What a butthole. Honestly, I wish they would change the law to say the person who wounded the animal gets tagging rights. If you finish off an animal and a person never comes to claim it, then take it.

We don't need laws for everything.

Sometimes as sportsmen, or just as decent people, it requires us to do the right thing at the right time for the right reason just because it is right.

If you come across another hunter that is searching for a wounded animal, you don't jump in front of them in line and try to find it first so you can claim it after your very official in field autopsy results. That is absolute chicken poop in every single situation.

There are lots of wrongs we can all point to on all sides of this, but the only right answer in that scenario is you either help that person finish off the animal, or go about your business the other way if you can't make yourself do that. You don't go jump in front of them in a race to put the finishing touches on the animal.

Just flabbergasting all around.

I have read both sides; ultimately I think he manipulated the situation in every facet to justify why he should have a deer. Most hunters live by first blood, others can jump in and help retrieve but ultimately the first one to shoot at and hit the buck should have every opportunity to finish the harvest. Just give the horns back to the rightful hunter and be done with it.
Why do something logical like that when you can get the DWR involved identify minor infractions from both parties, get the deer confiscated and some warnings issued.

Insert thinking gif

I guess their are people who don’t abide by fist come first serve. Makes me harken back to those guys that were pissed at Founder for shooting a Buck that they were already shooting at. While he was standing only a few feet from them.

I guess their are people who don’t abide by fist come first serve. Makes me harken back to those guys that were pissed at Founder for shooting a Buck that they were already shooting at. While he was standing only a few feet from them.
Ouch……you didn’t need to bring that up…..lol

Guys? I think it was a 12 year old kid. :ROFLMAO:

I think he was a boy scout that volunteered at Thanksgiving handing out meals to the homeless

I think he is still having hearing issues from the muzzle blast of Founders rifle.

From another site: not sure if it is legit but if it is…poetic justice.

IMG_0280.png

No the evidence did not show that, her version of the story claimed that. But the fact seems that if a person cant figure out how to find an animal in the scope they probably should not be shooting over 600 yards... Can you show the proof or evidence that she hit it twice? They claimed she hit it twice, his story says she hit once low abdomen in a non lethal or at the very least not lethal anytime soon.

Either way they both screwed up. The truth lies someplace in the middle. Her account is slanted and skewed, his account is also slanted and skewed. However I don't believe for one second that Easton would have stood around and let this man bully his wife? What sort of beta male would allow this to happen the way she described it? Obviously from your response you would not, I would not, so why did Easton let it go? Is it that Easton realized that they screwed and lost the deer and someone else cleaned up their mess? If her story is so certain and it checks out, why cry on social media and not contact authorities?

If the guy was racing down the track, the guy was being an ass, or anything else claimed, where is the cell phone video?

Either way, the real lesson here is make a good clean kill shot, if you can't hold or handle a gun or you cant find an animal in the scope lets not try a shot over 500 yards, don't agree to something in the field then stew on it and throw crap all over social media, on his end pictures, don't play the victim, video again worth a 1000 words...

It is messed up and both parties screwed up and both parties are in the wrong.
I guide hunters every year that cant find a buck deer in their scope at 150yds. They still have the right to be out there hunting. I agree she probably should not be taking 600+ yard shots. Either way an unfortunate event that wasnt handled very well by the greedy "experieced" hunter.

I've followed this post. Not sure it has been a good use of my time, but what the heck. Too late now! It will be interesting to hear the results of the UTDWR investigation.

I also read his articles posted on here about unwritten laws of public land, and ethical long range hunting. Definitely not following his own advice.

Regarding the "finishing shot" discussion, I've been on both sides of it, and IMO, it is situational. Once on a turkey hunt, I wounded a bird. After 2 hours, my friend was helping me look for it. He peeked into a ditch, saw the bird 5 yards away, and motioned me to come over. I whiffed at 5 yards. The bird jumped up and started running. I short-shucked it and "click". Shucking again, the gun jammed. After that, my friend shot the bird as it was running away. It was his.

Another scenario, I was hunting with a friend, on the opposite side of a canyon, probably a mile away. He shot a deer, thought it was down, but couldn't see it. So he sat tight while I came over and he guided me to the area he suspected the deer fell. The deer was down, with a broken spine. Wasn't going anywhere, but sure was trying to. I could have waited the 20 minutes for him to come over and finish him off, but I did the humane thing and finished him. That was his deer.

Again, situational IMO. And hoping to see the official DWR ruling.

Is anyone buying this dude’s BS? He even admitted he said this in his story: “I’m not going to steal you wife’s buck” and then immediately proceeds to do just that. Seriously mind blowing.

What kind of man or sportsman doesn’t do everything he can to have that woman shoot and kill that buck? Even if we buy entirely that he innocently came across the same buck at the shot site, from that second forward it should have been 100% about helping that lady find and kill that buck.

Goodness I have lots of negative things to say…so I should just stop typing.
When he said he wasn't going to steal their buck they should have said then back the F off.

If I was that dude, just get replicas made—-give her the deer and move on. Too late for that. He had the chance to not be a deusche and passed on the opportunity. Neither one of them should have been shooting at deer at that distance.

Also, If she can’t find the deer on her own through the scope then she shouldn’t be shooting!!!

The one to put it down can claim the deer. They should determine he put the final shot so it’s his…to me, when you see somebody tracking a deer you shouldn’t jump over them to get the final shot and claim the deer.

This guy should have helped them track the deer and put it down. Then IMO, congratulated the lady on her deer. Instead he shows his ass. Given the articles he wrote about two guys jumping in front of him and ruining his hunt…it makes this one even more sad.

In the end he will get the deer and loose his reputation in the industry. Not worth it.

This is what several game wardens in Utah have explained to me…carry on and good hunting.

Last edited:
Neither should get a replica. That’s a joke. Be decent humans and come to a real understanding. I still don’t think either should have been shooting at that distance, but first blood is first blood. This is a no brainer. And I can’t imagine him taking pride in that deer. Just imagine if none of this went public, that dude would be sitting at his house, looking at that deer, thinking he did good. Very disturbing.

The DWR law is clear. The one to put it down can claim the deer. They should determine he put the final shot so it’s his…to me, when you see somebody tracking a deer you shouldn’t jump over them to get the final shot and claim the deer.

This guy should have helped them track the deer and put it down. Then IMO, congratulated the lady on her deer. Instead he shows his ass. Given the articles he wrote about two guys jumping in front of him and ruining his hunt…it makes this one even more sad.

In the end he will get the deer and loose his reputation in the industry. Not worth it.
If this is law, I've certainly never seen it, nor do I agree with it in the least bit.

Please post the verbiage?

If this is law, I've certainly never seen it, nor do I agree with it in the least bit.

Please post the verbiage?
Shame you don’t know the law. Big guide should know it.

Pick up the phone and call an Utah game warden.

From my understanding the DWR try to stay out of situations like this, to them whoever tagged the deer first is the rightful owner. If all involved parties can't make a decision, they will just take the animal and tags and call it done.

I have herd of this situation on an elk once, 3 separate individuals all put bullets into a bull, when dwr showed up that was how they handled it, eventually the two more deserving guys backed down and gave the bull up.

Nice deer definitely not big enough to make this big of deal over pretty sad. That being said one time I shot a and killed a deer that was hit by another hunter but not fatally but I also saw him drop a buck out of the group that he didn't know he hit before he wounded the buck I shot

Had a son lose one to a guy, when he was 16. Came home hotter than a bad wheel barring. Nothing you can do, in most cases. I feel bad for the little family and her disappointment.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom