Anyone know Aram Von Benedikt?

This is where a recording would have been the best thing for someone in this case. Let this be a lesson. As soon as someone else gets involved, excuse yourself to a nearby place with the excuse of the need to urinate, and use that time to discreetly turn on the phone recorder and place it in a not so obvious place. Video with audio would be better. Then go about your discussion and let the other party tell their story on the interwebs that they so desperately want to do. Then release the recording of what really was talked about. You don’t need to have any permission to record on public land and it would solve the case very quickly and unload a lot of embarrassment on the guilty.

So this is crazy this even happened. But if I was a great hunter and had all that experience like von I would have let her have the deer. even help them track it. Another thing that don't set right with me about his story is they were watching the deer before they went into the trees so there for they had the best buck picked out so they would of been. Looking for something unique about it to identify it on the other side when it came out.
But they claim that they didn't know if it had a collar or not. Well I call bs you can see collars on deer at 800 yards through a pair of 10x binos. Seen 1 buck with one this year at that distance. What I feel happen was they watch it all go down figured she grazed the buck so they shot at it. Then the foot race began and he was probably hoping that when they got to it there would just be a nick on the buck from her. Then after he finished it off he realized he messed up but he felt he killed it with the final shot. And that piss cutter of a buck is a utah trophy so he claimed the buck. Hoping his reputation would back up what he was claiming just my two cents.

Just so everyone is clear, this is what Aram posted on his Facebook today.

"I have removed my recent post.

I have involved the UDWR authorities to help sort this all out. This may take some time, but I will do my best to keep you apprised. "

Just thought I would clear that up since Matt's post was kinda confusing.
Thanks sir. My post wasn't that confusing though

I think this ends with a buck confiscated and no one is the winner. Aram lost a bunch of crap from this though. Bad deal all the way around.

I think this ends with a buck confiscated and no one is the winner. Aram lost a bunch of crap from this though. Bad deal all the way around.
Ummmm they already let him keep the buck. It over. Time for everyone to move on

Not saying It Had A Collar?

But Do You Know How Quick A Collar Can Be Removed?

No,I'm Not saying A Collar Was removed!

A Bunch Of People Jumping Up & Down Cuzz He Turned It/Himself In To The DWR!

He's Playing You Like A Fiddle!

Supposedly this Aram dude lives in Arizona if I remember right. So lets keep that in mind. But this dude was bragging about in his other post on FB that he had 5 tags in 5 states and was going to get big bucks in all 5 states. Looks like he did that at all costs. And he is an author too, of some type.
If she shot it 1st, then it is hers, in my eyes. But this dude seems like a prick. So I am pretty sure Trinuts will defend him.
He doesn't live in Arizona because him and son wouldn't have Dedicated Hunter tags in Utah unless a rule change took place.

Last edited:
he didn’t break any law, being a douche bag isn’t against the law. If it was 90% of Utah hunters would be in jail.

Move on Matt.

He did admit in his own post and a picture was shown he was not wearing the required hunter orange. All his other d bag moves are likely not violations of statute, but that one could get him in hot water in a law enforcement investigation. Particularly when he already failed the A hole test.

Not saying It Had A Collar?

But Do You Know How Quick A Collar Can Be Removed?

No,I'm Not saying A Collar Was removed!

A Bunch Of People Jumping Up & Down Cuzz He Turned It/Himself In To The DWR!

He's Playing You Like A Fiddle!
As fast as you can cut through the leather strap.
DWR uses those razor blade cutting pliers. Like what a plumber uses to cut poly pipe.
Or there are two nuts that can be undone. Take a few minutes with a Leatherman. Much less with appropriately sized driver.

He did admit in his own post and a picture was shown he was not wearing the required hunter orange. All his other d bag moves are likely not violations of statute, but that one could get him in hot water in a law enforcement investigation. Particularly when he already failed the A hole test.
No hunter orange? Hang the guy! Meh.

So, just so I understand.

1. This was a deer, right? Not a gold bar, or free truck?

2. Can you imagine having to tell the wife that you lost a job, and most likely a career over a deer?

3. I keep hearing MM is just a bunch of whiners. Yet the DWR, WB, state legislature and now Outdoor life seem to pay attention?

4. Since when were divorced quiet?

A deer you stole from a young lady?
The way I understand the law, he didn’t take her buck, it was still alive and on its feet and he killed it. Cutting in front of her and racing ahead makes him a despicable human being, but no crime was committed for doing that. Unfortunately.

However, if another law was broken and he is found guilty, regardless of how significant or insignificant, he should suffer the full penalty the law allows, and a fine. That fine being, he turn the deer over to the young lady, and she must agree to allow him to have a replica made, for himself, at his expense.

Seems like a just decision to me.

The way I understand the law, he didn’t take her buck, it was still alive and on its feet and he killed it. Cutting in front of her and racing ahead makes him a despicable human being, but no crime was committed for doing that. Unfortunately.

However, if another law was broken and he is found guilty, regardless of how significant or insignificant, he should suffer the full penalty the law allows, and a fine. That fine being, he turn the deer over to the young lady, and she must agree to allow him to have a replica made, for himself, at his expense.

Seems like a just decision to me.
Outdoor Life saw it different

Legally I don't think the DWR will do anything other than maybe a ticket not properly tagging before processing.

In their eyes the person who tags the deer is the owner. Since they walked away and let him tag it, that is done.

Dwr can not manage ethics.

The guy F-ed up royally and will suffer the consequences of that, but I don't think any of those consequences will be legal consequences. But the damage done to his reputation and such are probably unrecoverable at this point.

Someone say this guys a member here? He gunna show up here and clear his name?
@SS! Said He was, not sure how he knows that, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me.

That said I seriously doubt he will try and justify himself a second time. It didn't go well the first time.

He had hunter orange he was just kissing one small band on his had. So we should take and feather not hang…
I have always interpreted the rule in Utah as 400" of hunter orange on the chest, back, and head. Meaning that as long as you have 400 inches on your chest and back you don't need it on your head.

I never wear orange on my head, unless in Colorado because they are sticklers for it and will write you a ticket for it.

In Utah I've never even herd of anyone being asked about it.

I have always interpreted the rule in Utah as 400" of hunter orange on the chest, back, and head. Meaning that as long as you have 400 inches on your chest and back you don't need it on your head.

I never wear orange on my head, unless in Colorado because they are sticklers for it and will write you a ticket for it.

In Utah I've never even herd of anyone being asked about it.
It is required to wear it on your chest and back and your head regardless if it is more than 400 inches. My buddy is a bigger guy and he got a written warning last year for not having a orange hat on when he shot his deer.in utah

No hunter orange? Hang the guy! Meh.

You didn’t say above that “he didn’t commit a felony.” You said “He didn’t break any law.”

And the reason why that matters is because it appears he did break a law, even by his own admission. So, it appears he did break a law, albeit one most would consider on the lower end of the spectrum.

I don’t think what he did with leaving the required orange off was a big deal, but when you fail the A hole test, you get citations and not passes. I don’t know many officers that issue warnings to people that fail the A hole test, and this dude failed that test epically!

Not to change the subject but I always thought it strange that the guy with the gun has to wear orange but the guide, or guides without guns, don't have to. I guess that's so we can tell who the hunter is in the grip and grin photos.

Not to change the subject but I always thought it strange that the guy with the gun has to wear orange but the guide, or guides without guns, don't have to. I guess that's so we can tell who the hunter is in the grip and grin photos.
I have always empathized with the bureaucrats on this one eel. Screwed up as I am, I support them on this.

If they made people without a tag wear hunter orange, where would it stop? Would a farmer/ranch have to wear it, would the hikers/bikers have to? Would anyone in the forest have to. Who could tell is hunter and who isn’t. Frankly, if we were really smart, we’d all wear some orange during the gun seasons. Saying that…….. being the hypocrite that I am.

Orange clothing makes it safer and less likely to be accidentally shot. Especially a hat because it sticks up higher than a vest. The brown hat like this joker was wearing is more likely to get mistaken for a game animal than an orange hat would. It’s a gamble, with slightly higher odds is what I’m saying. The law is trying to lower the odds, however small, against somebody plugging this guy. In retrospect, maybe we should lets him hunt without any orange.

Few years back we had decoys on a pond and were laying in a ditch, my 6yr old son and I

Jackass snuck on the pond and blasted the decoys, RIGHT OVER THE TOP OF US.
Closest I've come to bring shot for sure. Needless to say, I like orange hats.

Rancher friend spray painted his dogs with orange stripes, which I thought was overkill, but.....

Several years ago, maybe mid 70s, my friend Loren was elk hunting with his 6 year old boy.

Another hunter 'mistook him for an elk' and shot him through the neck.

Loren was wearing an orange vest and an orange band around his hat.

The other hunter was charged with hunting elk without a license because he had already killed a bull.

As strange as it may seem California has no laws mandating orange while hunting. Unless I've been illegal all these years, which is quite possible.

I ran across a guy who was pronghorn hunting in California and he was decked out from head to toe in florescent blaze orange. You could see him from a mile away in any direction. It almost hurt your eyes.

I have always empathized with the bureaucrats on this one eel. Screwed up as I am, I support them on this.

If they made people without a tag wear hunter orange, where would it stop? Would a farmer/ranch have to wear it, would the hikers/bikers have to? Would anyone in the forest have to. Who could tell is hunter and who isn’t. Frankly, if we were really smart, we’d all wear some orange during the gun seasons. Saying that…….. being the hypocrite that I am.

Orange clothing makes it safer and less likely to be accidentally shot. Especially a hat because it sticks up higher than a vest. The brown hat like this joker was wearing is more likely to get mistaken for a game animal than an orange hat would. It’s a gamble, with slightly higher odds is what I’m saying. The law is trying to lower the odds, however small, against somebody plugging this guy. In retrospect, maybe we should lets him hunt without any orange.
I just think if I was a guide guiding some pin head from New York with a gun I'd want to be seen at least by him. We're out there hunting together.

I just think if I was a guide guiding some pin head from New York with a gun I'd want to be seen at least by him. We're out there hunting together.

Well eel……. many of the members here agree with you, apparently guides aren’t the sharpest knives in the draw.

Also, California not requiring orange doesn’t seem to surprise anyone either.
Just saying…….. nothing personal, you understand. ?

Orange is not required in Idaho and there have been times I’ve really wished I had a full orange jump suit on up in the mountains. Usually when I see noting but Utah and California plates at the trail head

I'm gonna go down to the Kali forum and see if I can find some F'd up stories about a chit bag "pro hunter" from out of state stealing a local girl's deer and her "husband" does nothing about it. Then maybe the Kali residents will blame someone from a totally different state for how F'd up Kali is....

Probably even be a ton of arguing about hunter orange and how technically, legally the out of stater was "legally" within his rights...

Then I will get really mad when someone (from a state I think is more F'd up than mine) calls my state stupid..and blame them for how stupid my state is...

The ABSOLUTE worst hunter/sportsmen I've ran into in other states while hunting came from Utah. Do I say that and assume that all Utah hunters are like that? Nope. I have met some great guys from allot of other states. Guess I'm just smart enough to realize that there are good and bad folks everywhere and most sportsmen are good folks.

Also, I guess I can take a joke without being offended.

I'm gonna go down to the Kali forum and see if I can find some F'd up stories about a chit bag "pro hunter" from out of state stealing a local girl's deer and her "husband" does nothing about it. Then maybe the Kali residents will blame someone from a totally different state for how F'd up Kali is....

Probably even be a ton of arguing about hunter orange and how technically, legally the out of stater was "legally" within his rights...

Then I will get really mad when someone (from a state I think is more F'd up than mine) calls my state stupid..and blame them for how stupid my state is...

The ABSOLUTE worst hunter/sportsmen I've ran into in other states while hunting came from Utah. Do I say that and assume that all Utah hunters are like that? Nope. I have met some great guys from allot of other states. Guess I'm just smart enough to realize that there are good and bad folks everywhere and most sportsmen are good folks.

Also, I guess I can take a joke without being offended.
Guy's, I get a little worked up every once in a while and owe some of you an apology. @Homer, @eelgrass and @huntindad4 just to name a few...
Yes, we Utards have not been the greatest of hunters the last decade or more and I realize this... I just think back to way it used to be and wished it was still like that.
There are bad seeds in every state, that is for sure. I the flip side there are great folks in every state as well...
One of the best dudes I ever meet while out hunting is from northern California a dairy farmer... I met him in 2006 and still stay in touch with him to this day...
Anyhow, I hope you accept my apology for my stupid rant last night...
Take care...

My American Hunter magazine came a couple of weeks ago. Just noticed a Missouri whitetail hunt article by Aram. Likely his last.

I’m guessing the orange band on his hat fell off while he was in Missouri also. He had on the vest, but no orange on his hat, as required by Missouri law. ??

Guy's, I get a little worked up every once in a while and owe some of you an apology. @Homer, @eelgrass and @huntindad4 just to name a few...
Yes, we Utards have not been the greatest of hunters the last decade or more and I realize this... I just think back to way it used to be and wished it was still like that.
There are bad seeds in every state, that is for sure. I the flip side there are great folks in every state as well...
One of the best dudes I ever meet while out hunting is from northern California a dairy farmer... I met him in 2006 and still stay in touch with him to this day...
Take care...
No worries from me Tikka. I do the same from time to time. I appreciate the apology.

What part of Northern CA is your friend from?

Ladies and Gent somebody is lying exaggerating or selectively forgetting! DDuuuuh!. Let it get worked out in small claims courts where evidence is weighed out in a formal proceeding, with sworn testimony with a judge who hears bullshit and exaggeration all the time. Have the lady sue him for the value of a mounted deer head. For Baron whats his name it will be the only way to clear his name or he will forever be known the dude that stole that woman's buck and should jump at the chance. Likely the last thing he wants to do is have this go on any longer but it is what it is and its could create a lifelong stain and this is a chance to clear his name. If he doesn't jump at the chance I will find myself going HMMMMMMM????. And is he is exonerated then lots of people owe him an apology including me.

I would not worry about getting shot in Utah during deer season. Not much to shoot at now days.

I remember when I was a kid opening day sounded like ww2. Every shooter had a few tags to fill,,,and did so.

And is he is exonerated then lots of people owe him an apology including me.

Exonerated of doing what? He hasn't been charged with any crimes.

I'm basing 99% of my opinion of what happened here based upon his own words. I don't know how anyone can read what he wrote himself and say "Yeah, I'd do the same!" If anyone else says that, then I'll judge them too.

This guy's actions that day were of a clown not a sportsman, no matter how you slice it. And it has nothing to do with whether he broke a law or not.

Exco
Exonerated of doing what? He hasn't been charged with any crimes.

I'm basing 99% of my opinion of what happened here based upon his own words. I don't know how anyone can read what he wrote himself and say "Yeah, I'd do the same!" If anyone else says that, then I'll judge them too.

This guy's actions that day were of a clown not a sportsman, no matter how you slice it. And it has nothing to do with whether he broke a law or not.
Exonerated as in Public opinion...well if the evidence stacks up maybe he should be charged. That deer has a VALUE in many ways and if he took it unlawfully "with the intent to permanently deprive" ( fancy words for he stole it ... I was in LE for 20 years) sounds like a theft to me. Get it hammered out in court just like the walleye cheaters...not an opinion forum on a hunt forum.

Take care...
Tikka, if I was supposed to be offended, I dropped the ball, but thank you. In fact, I thought the Californication politics cancer scenario was well thought out.:) We're mostly just a bunch of friends bsing on the internet. I barely remember even the things I type. :)

What is Aram's screen name? Let's stay focused.

Tikka, if I was supposed to be offended, I dropped the ball, but thank you. In fact, I thought the Californication politics cancer scenario was well thought out.:) We're mostly just a bunch of friends bsing on the internet. I barely remember even the things I type. :)

What is Aram's screen name? Let's stay focused.
Should be "aholeone"

I'm so far north I don't consider Petaluma northern CA. :LOL:

No offense to Petaluma or Tikka's buddy.

It is funny how thats the go to though Elk.

I'm sitting on break at work and I am slightly closer to the Pacific Ocean than I am to Oregon.
Screenshot_20231106_144255_onX Hunt.jpg

3 miles from the ocean the green line north is oregon.

Eel is about an 85 mile drive south of me and I think he's at the southern end of NorCal...

I believe it's around Peteluma...
That's about a 6 hour drive south of me. I've only been that far south in Kali 10 to 15 times. Mostly for high school football playoffs for my son's and a volleyball playoff for my oldest daughter. A couple of doctor appointments for kids or myself...

I'm not very cultured..

What a trip. I've been almost exactly in Easton's shoes when my wife gut shot a ~360" bull from admittedly too far away on her first hunt. During the follow up the two guys who offered to "help" while we were set up waiting for the herd to filter through the oaks at 100 yards, hearing the bull scream and seeing the tips of his antlers, and those two asshats ran out and the one with a tag ripped 5 shots into the bull. I was holding our 5mo old premie daughter (who only weighed 6lbs at the time) while my wife sat with her gun on the shooting sticks as that all unfolded. She grabbed our daughter from me and went back to the car crying. I went up and confronted them, 'congratulating' them for stealing a woman's first animal from underneath her while supposedly offering to help her recover it (my wife's gut shot was very obvious with crusted **** and dried blood standing out on his side), and that I hoped they would remember that every time they looked at it.

My wife didn't want that bull at that point and wouldn't be able to remember that hunt positively. Several days later she ended up shooting a much smaller bull, but it was an incredible stalk through the oaks in the rain culminating in a snap reaction heart shot at 30 feet on her bull. That's what she remembers as she looks at him on the wall, and she's able to smile (but still gets pissed when something reminds her of that other bull... Like this whole AVB story).

The silver lining is I ran into the dickwads brother and uncle a few years later on a cow hunt and they both said their whole family gives that guy and his dad **** for stealing my wife's bull. The guy had the rack in a shed last I heard because he couldn't stand to look at it.

I think what we can all learn from this and some of the other story’s told here of similar situations is for the love of God don’t take your wife hunting!

What’s wrong with you guys?
Or don't take her hunting if she is not a proven killer... Ora really kick ass camp cook...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom