Anyone score with a bow yet?

Are you sure you killed them or did they magically come alive when you shot them?? ;-)

Came close! Opening weekend, saw a big 6 pt the nite before with 7 cows and bugling and working hard to keep the cows together. Opening morning we heard bugles and snuck up and spotted them in a wide open meadow 45 min. before light. Then we were busted by 3 cows that came out behind us while we were watching the group 500 yds away. Then the exitement! Got to a spot at 9 am and decided to put up a Montana decoy. I literally got the 2nd stake in the ground and looked up to see a 5 pt staring at the decoy about 50 yds away. Course my bow was 10 yds away. He was locked in on the decoy and I was sitting behind it so I layed back flat and belly crawled back to the blind where my bow was. I think he pegged me as he kept looking towards me and eventually got nervous and trotted off before I could reach for my bow. Ranged him at 45 yds after he'd left. I probably would have been better to not put up the decoy as they usually come out into this particular meadow. It was an exiting first weekend for me and very surprised to see the ones grouped up and the bugles this early!

I had a buddy take a cow on Monday as he had very limited time to hunt. He said it was 1 yd away at one point, right next the the tree he was leaning on. He waited till it got 16 yds away before taking it.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-10 AT 03:16PM (MST)[p]I harvested mine, a small 6X6, on the opening weekend.

I stalked him for a while. I got within 20 yards and it was clean shot. He dropped in less than 5 minutes and 30 yards away from the shoting place. I worked hard a couple days and I am ready to go up again... after a mule deer now.

7865antlers.jpg

4857arrow.jpg

8734ribs.jpg

PS: The broadhead broke when he dropped.

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-10
>AT 03:16?PM (MST)

>
>I harvested mine, a small 6X6,
>on the opening weekend.
>
>I stalked him for a while.
>I got within 20 yards
>and it was clean shot.
>He dropped in less than
>5 minutes and 30 yards
>away from the shoting place.
>I worked hard a couple
>days and I am ready
>to go up again... after
>a mule deer now.
>
>
7865antlers.jpg

>
4857arrow.jpg

>
8734ribs.jpg

>
>PS: The broadhead broke when he
>ded.

ooooooohhhhhh, I can almost smell that thing! Nice Bull.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom