Application Question

BucCrazy1

For some reason I seem to be struggling with the Montana Big Game Draw/Statistics. Example, zone 670 is in the Regs but when you go to the drawing statistics report it has 652-50 and no zone 670? What am I missing here, looking to put in for next years draw for deer and see this across several units. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Got it, now that makes sense as there are several units that seem to be this way. So when you say General Units does that mean they are over the counter tags for Buck and Doe? I should also mention being a NR.

Last edited:
Got it, now that makes sense as there are several units that seem to be this way. So when you say General Units does that mean they are over the counter tags for Buck and Doe? I should also mention being a NR.
You need to draw the general tag as a NR. You also apply for the special permit at the same time. If you get lucky and draw the general tag you are entered into the lottery for the special permit (like 652-50) and if you don’t draw that, you still have a general tag. Most of MT is general for deer.

You need to draw the general tag as a NR. You also apply for the special permit at the same time. If you get lucky and draw the general tag you are entered into the lottery for the special permit (like 652-50) and if you don’t draw that, you still have a general tag. Most of MT is general for deer.
Thank you for the help, appreciate it!

Thank you for the help, appreciate it!
You should do better research, you are going to be severely disappointed with where you are thinking is a good hd to hunt! I live in 670 and it is ruined, you will see more people then deer… the deer you do see will be little but if that’s what gets your rocks off more power to ya! Also you can’t shoot does on public land in region 6 or 7… the deer population is in the crapper and is not looking good for this year or next. I’d advise on looking into a different hd

You should do better research, you are going to be severely disappointed with where you are thinking is a good hd to hunt! I live in 670 and it is ruined, you will see more people then deer… the deer you do see will be little but if that’s what gets your rocks off more power to ya! Also you can’t shoot does on public land in region 6 or 7… the deer population is in the crapper and is not looking good for this year or next. I’d advise on looking into a different hd
I’m doing a lot of research on the area and plan to purchase a good chunk of farm ground here real soon. Thanks for the input though.

I’m doing a lot of research on the area and plan to purchase a good chunk of farm ground here real soon. Thanks for the input though.
Why are you buying a "good chunk" of ground when you don't even understand Montana's regulations? mtmuley

Last edited:
What do you think? mtmuley
I think that 80% of the landowners around my farm don’t know the first thing about the deer regulations. I also tend to like unit 670. One of my favorite places, doesn’t rain enough up there for me to wanna own any farm ground there though.

I think that 80% of the landowners around my farm don’t know the first thing about the deer regulations. I also tend to like unit 670. One of my favorite places, doesn’t rain enough up there for me to wanna own any farm ground there though.
I wish the guy luck with his purchase. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom