Archery 181-4 ?

W

WednesdayCaste

This is my first year hunting and I will be taking my neighbor's 14 y/o son on his first archery outing also. If any of you can give us any help on scouting or hunting these units we'd greatly appreciate it.
Quinn

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-08 AT 10:21AM (MST)[p]Well, we headed to Big Den and Little Den area but were unsuccessful on the opener and the rest of the weekend. Water source was maybe 1' wide but was running. Because of the wind, we hunted from our camp (mid elev) down to the valley but did not see anything. Maybe on our next outing we'll just chance the wind and head high. Hope you all are doing better/find success! Top Gunners gave us a great air show with a couple of fly-by while driving east of Fallon too.
PS, If you do have any help for a cuppa-nubies, please drop a note.
Thanks
God Blesses plentifully!

If you guys have quads you could try going up Campbell creek to the top. If you don't have quads try coming in from Edwards Cr and go into the Smith cr area. I have seen some deer in there before. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Hey NVNative:
Thanks for your help. We are gonna try to get some elevation on the Dens area first before we give up on this area. We will scout the Smith Creek area for the boys rifle season if we strike out on archery season. Thanks again.
Quinn

Just wondering if you saw any lopes in the area?? My buddy has a tag which opens on the 22nd of august.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-08 AT 01:02AM (MST)[p]Pucci,
Negative. On our way up a couple weeks ago, we ran into a guy on ATVs w/his family out "scouting" for sheep/lopes/mulies. They only reported seeing 1 muley. Great to see a family out doing that though. Unfortunately we only saw cows in the valley near the Dens in the Desatoya. Doesn't mean they're not there!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom