Archery Antelope

nfh

Long Time Member
Archery season has been open for 15 days and I finally got to go out.. I been watching 3 goats that would go 72-80". Wouldn't know exact score unless they were down on the ground. But the first stomper moved to private land. The other 2 were in the middle of the prairie and those big bucks are to smart to stalk in 4 inches of grass. I have kept a good eye on them and they have been feeding and watering next to small little draws where I had plans to sit and wait.

Well the last week we have been getting a lot of rain so the bucks moved a little bit or they moved from other archery hunters.

I spotted this average buck in the middle of the alafla field. I spotted him from a ridge I was on. so I started the stalk and got in a ditch. He was laying down. I got 55 yards away whistled. He was quartering away and shot. arrow went in his back rib and hit some serious vitals and he ran maybe 50-60 yards and fell over. so I turned around and hiked back to the ridge and hiked another 1/2 mile to the truck and drove to edge of the field and drug him back to the truck...

Was a nice cool rainy day. He wasn't pushed and his meat has no scent at all. Got him all cut up already and in the freezer. Then I can give the meat to a friend of mine to make jerky for me.. He makes some darn good jerky and wont give me his recipe.

I like the mountain range in the background

one_zpscfd077e1.jpg

two_zps9b7ef953.jpg

20140830_114737_zpsc9fd569f.jpeg

Nice buck! He will make some great jerky, though some of the best steaks ever are antelope.

Thanks!!!. I been enjoying the 45-55 degree weather to. Archery elk opens tomorrow and its pouring rain on the mountain. Should be a good hunt tomorrow for everyone. My late season bull tag doesn't open till December so the clock is still ticking for me

Congrats on the Antelope, I have wanted to try archery hunting for them and think I will give it a try next year if I can get a tag.

Now you can see him a little better... And hopefully jerky later on this week

20140901_153758_zpsa50eb063.jpg

Well done my MM friend!
They are a blast to hunt in any way but especially with a stick.
Zeke

Spot & stalk with archery gear, nice work on a solid buck. It must have been killing you to not be able to hunt until 15 days into the season.

>Nice goat! You put a tape
>on him yet?
>
>
>
>
hornkiller.jpg

I haven't. I know he wont score great but I just liked his mass

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom