Archery deer tag

bigonedown

I need some help. I am tired of holding out for a good rifle tag to being told every year I am unsucceful. I have 6 points so I am one from max points. I have started hunting with a bow and enjoy it a great deal. What do you guys think is the best Ca archery deer tag. I have started researching A5, A9, A11, and A16. I am having a hard time figuring out what one to put in for. Like everyone I want a monster but also want a fun hunt with plenty of opportuinity. I would take plenty opportuinities over one opportuinity at a monster because I am somewhat new to a bow and probably need the extra chances for learning and experiecne.

Any help would be great.

A-26, Basshill archery would be a good choice and you would be in the running with one under max points. Not the monsters there once was, but with a good rut and good weather you would see a lot of bucks. Pretty easy hunt to figure out as well, easy terrain enough public etc. A5,A9,A11, and A16 you would be giving back points as they dont require 6 points to draw. Just my thoughts. BH1

Thanks for the advice. I did look into that hunt a little but was worried about access to hunting areas due to private property. I will check that area out further.

Thanks.

Yes there is some pivate but there is still a lot of ground to hunt. A lot of the deer will be on the Egan unit of Basshill itsself. Also the Bald mt area has a lot of Blm. Tons of great country behind the old hospital as well. All will have bucks chaseing does! Some SLOBS do hunt off neighbors decks but there is plenty of public for fair chase. Good luck! BH1

I would ask BOHNTR..........period!

49f290a211ec7780.jpg

Rackmaster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom