Archery Elk 76 TIPS

Morty

For those willing to give helpful advice on areas to spend time scouting and hunting, i am(SHOULD) draw a 76 Elk tag this year and plan on spending a lot of time/effort getting ready to drop a good bull this year and looking for all the help i can get. I hunted this area about 5 years ago and tagged out on a small bull(my first) early so didnt spend much time in the area, and havent been back since. Thanks in advance for any tips you might have.

Welcome to Monster Muleys Morty, I've never hunted 76 but I would check out the burns from the recent wildfires as they should be really coming back and drawing in the Elk. Good Luck in the draw!
Jainoon

Welcome to the forum morty! Are u using a landowner voucher? I ask because that unit takes alotta points to draw. I've also heard it's a real good unit though I've never been. Good luck! Be sure and tell us how u make out this fall!

It is a good elk unit, I have heard that archery takes 5-6 points. There are good Bulls in the unit, and being a limited draw has less hunting pressure, which is always beneficial. Like I mentioned I hunted there a while ago when I was 4 years into archery and took a 5x4 very quick. Now that I've killed more Bulls with my bow I'm looking to be more selective and put in more work for a good one. I will keep updates as far as scouting and hunt success. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-15 AT 04:55PM (MST)[p]76 archery either sex non res took 11 points last year. Resident was 5 min.

Yep that's about right, have 5 now as a co resident. So I'm hoping! No horses unfortunately. I'm not discouraged by de-boning and packing out on foot, that's what I train for, although it is tuff as hell sometimes, gotta love it. If weather is cool that might determine how deep in I go, giving me a little more time to keep the meat good before the freezer. I might even look for a local in creede area with a pack team, depending on $$. All of this in confidence of getting one down first.

Hey Jainoon (Alan) - I sent you a PM.

Morty - my dad and I are hoping to draw this year. we have 12 NR points. We have bowhunted the area 3 times in the past. This will likely be our last hunt with dad being 77 and the way point creep is going I may never catch up again. Send me a PM if you want some info.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom