Archery Season in Utah

R

Reflex_Shooter

I am yet to draw a limited entry tag in utah for elk, but this year i put in for archery instead of any weapon. So what i was wondering is if any of you guys have hunted the archery season for elk in utah and how good does it hit the rut because where i used to live in wyoming and the peak started the 17th of august. but the archery season in utah runs september 26th threw august 17th and so any info would be helpful.

well actually aug 26th to sept 17th, here in utah the start of the rut is at the end of the archery season, hunting in the uintahs the last two years they are just getting into the rut by the last week of the hunt but i heard bulls were bugling more in other areas, good luck it still will be hard the fish and game don't seem to help as much as it seems. just my two cents worth.

In most of the units I've hunted in Utah, the bulls are becoming vocal by Labor Day especially the L.E. units. Each week after that just gets better. Also the bulls are starting to herd up cows by Labor Day. However, each unit seems to be just a little different. Even areas within the same unit can vary dramatically. From what I've found peak rut hits usually during the fourth week of September. This year is good because the archery season goes until Sept 17th. Last year it ended on Sept 12th. This year archery hunters get almost an extra week to hunt. I can't wait!!!

Good Luck,
Wapiti

I finally drew a LE Archery tag in Southern Utah last year and found that the bulls were bugling the last week of August and it got better as the days went on. The bulls wouldn't come to a call until about 2 or 3 days into September, and by the 10th they were going nuts. Killed my bull the last evening after calling in numberous bulls before the one I shot. Passed on many bulls up until the last evening. This year should be awesome where the hunt lasts until the 17th.
You can check out my bull in the "New Photos" section under
Rick's 355 Gross Archery Bull.
Good Luck with getting a tag!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom