Are these 209 powders the same ?

oilcan

Long Time Member
Went to local sportsman and saw these Blackhorn 209 in the blue container. Are they the same as what I already have in brown container ?
469314A0-8EB1-4BA7-BD6C-FB7DF0D55CF7.jpeg
615D707C-35CB-4307-8DC5-9D98478388C7.jpeg

That’s the new packaging. Main difference is the newer batches have been trending slightly heavier than the originals so if you’re measuring by volume there will be a slight difference in weight.

And it could be related to Hodgdon buying the Blackhorn 209 brand from Western Powders in 2020. I don’t recall when the new packaging came out.

So do they have the powder in the handwarmer section or handwarmers in the powder isle!?!?

I wonder how long it takes them to be all gone. It took less time then the 45 minute drive and they was all gone by the time I got to the store down here.
I asked if I could put it on a credit card and the answer was NO.
still looking. LOL

Hey Zeke!

It wasn't Me That Started the KEG Thing!

Somebody Mentioned the 10 oz KEG a While Back & Homer Was Kinda GRUMPY about it!

It's Kind of an MM JOKE!

But It is Kinda Like a Bag of Potato Chips!

Does The Can Really need to be that Big if it's only 1/3 Full?

Makes It Look Impressive & Almost Worth 75.00 a MINI-KEG!:D

10 ounces is NOT a "keg", it's a can Mr bess!:)
I have a KEG, which is a full 5 lbs.

Zeke

That new packaging is at least two years old. I have a couple of them and I didn't buy any last year.

If someone needs BH209 pm me. I know a shop in SE Utah that has some in stock. It's 69.99 a 10oz keg, but it available.

If someone needs BH209 pm me. I know a shop in SE Utah that has some in stock. It's 69.99 a 10oz keg, but it available.
Yet another 10 oz "keg" statement. LOL

I was late to the 10 oz "keg" joke but I get it now because the price seems like it should be for a keg...not a can.

You're nice to let the MM crowd know what's available and where!
Pretty cool when we work together.

Zeke

Last year I decided to figure out what the cost per shot for 209 is everytime I pulled the trigger. At $50 a keg shooting 120 grains by volume (84 grains by weight) you are getting 52 shots per bottle so basically it's a buck a round just for the powder.

Last year I decided to figure out what the cost per shot for 209 is everytime I pulled the trigger. At $50 a keg shooting 120 grains by volume (84 grains by weight) you are getting 52 shots per bottle so basically it's a buck a round just for the powder.
That’s like trying to figure out how much your game meat is a pound, better to not know. Lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom