Area 101 Wyoming

U

Ut_live2hunt

I drew a area 101 Mule Deer Tag Oct 15th! Any ideas of were to start scouting? Any Help or contacts would be appreciated.

Anywhere along the Kenney Rim. That unit is suffering big time. Too many tags in previous years, too much drought, and too much oil and gas development disturbance and related poaching. Have fun, but I can't say the tag is what it used to be.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-08 AT 02:02AM (MST)[p]BonePiler is right about 101 it is suffering from mismanagment and OIL and GAS has increased the access naking the deer more Vulnerable.

Still some good deer in the unit just not as good as years past.

The last 4-5 days of that season are usually pretty good but I have not been it the area for a while.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Congrads on a good tag. Pray or do whatever you need to to get snow. Find some off roads that lead into areas away from the main roads. You'll see lots of deer, so enjoy the oppurtunity to pass up smaller bucks.

I have the SAME tag this year. I just got back from scouting. I say a lot of deer. 4 Nice bucks but nothing I personally would shoot. I say a 2x3 that was 27 inches and good mass. He was with a 4x2 that was 25 inches but you see the problem here. Also a nice 24 inch 4x4. A 22 incher that was probably 23 tall. good bucks, but there are bad ginetics in the area. There are some good bucks there still you will need a good pair of binoculars and a spotting scope. You will use them a lot. May see you there. Good Luck.

The deer were all scattered around Kenney Rim. At least the ones I saw. I would suggest to take a good pair of binoculars and a spotting scope. You need to be patient and wait for the buck your willing to take. I can't wait tell it starts.

I wish you the best...take a good one! I will not be hunting until the second week. If you take one early and he has a brother PM the location. I had planned on hunting the Kinney rim or just south and east of rock springs. I hope to see you thier. Save one for me!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom