Area 23 Antelope

A

ahollobaugh

Has anyone hunted antelope the BLM in Area 23? The Rancher I hunted with in 40 has leased his land to an outfitter and I need to find a new spot.

I do not know anything about unit 23,but 47 and 32 hav a ton of public land.That is where I apply for since the ranch I used to hunt on for $50 was leased by an outfitter and now he wants $800 tresspass fee just for antelope.
I quess I do not blame the ranch for being leased ,the way things are in our economy,but it is still a shame it is going that way.

Thanks Rem308, $800 for a tresspass that is a little steep. You can get a private guided for 1200 - 1800. 23 has a decent amount of State and BLM. 47 and 32 have low draw odds and going in with no pref pts I am sure there will be no chance at them for me.

My son hunts unit 26 because you can buy leftover license almost every year,and he hunts bLM land and has done real good .Just another area to look at .

What public land there is in area 23 gets hammered.

The area is predominately private or landlocked and that of course is where the good hunting is.

I was looking at the large section of BLM in the NW corner of the area. There is a walkin area in the middle of it and it looks like some other roads lead in to it. Is this the area that gets beat up? I have some land owner names to call so I may get in to one of them. Thanks for the Info.

Yep...The bucks in that area are only averaging 11-12 inches.

Some disease, think blue tongue run it's course through the north end of Area 23 recently and decreased a lot of the herds.

I've hunted 23 a couple of times and found that a vast majority of the Antelope are on the eastern side of 23. The eastern side is mostly private and a lot flatter. The farther you go west the closer to the Powder river you get and the terrain gets rougher. If your interested on finding a place to hunt, PM me and I can get you the name of the rancher that we leased from for a very reasonable rate.
nrueh

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom