Arizona Hunting

S

ShednElkmaster

Well with my wife being from Mesa, Az and a few friends living in the Pheonix and Mesa area I have decided to start looking into potential hunting down in Arizona. I am from Utah and love hunting elk. I am looking for pointers about Coues deer and elk.

A friend told me to start putting in for a coues deer hunt outside of Pheonix heading to Tuscon. It is a late hunt that goes into January. He said it's tough but they've shot a few in the past. Any other late hunts that start around November and go into January? I am looking for some hunts when I am down for the holidays(probably next year) already spent too much hunting elk this year in Utah!

As far as elk go I have seen a few elk in the southeast desert. Aslo seen some around Flagstaff driving to Utah. How is the hunting out there it seems pretty sparse? Any tips for a non-resident to start building points for elk? I am thinking about putting in for hunts along the Mogian Rim. Any other places to consider?

I would be happy to trade info about Utah or even help out here in Utah hunting elk, deer, cougar or bighorn sheep. Just looking for some out of state options. Thanks!

depends on rifle or bow, there are rifle coues deer tags in late nov, and the rut hunt at the end of dec. as far as jan hunting it is over the counter tag and in most units it runs from dec 12 till jan 31. if you hunt dec you will need 08 tag and license and jan 1 on you will need 09 tag and license. i hope this helps out if you need some areas to hunt please im me and i will help you out to get you in the right direction on elk and deer.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-08 AT 09:57AM (MST)[p]For Coues deer, you can get plenty of good info in the How To Hunt Coues Deer book by noted guide Duwane Adams and me. (see below)

For season dates, visit the the AZ G&FD website and check out the game regulations. There are separate PDF files for elk and deer because the drawings occur at different times.

There is only one firearms season for Coues that occurs in late Dec. but it ends on Dec. 31. There is an archery season in Jan., however, and it requires only an OTC tag -- no drawing.

Most of the units in the state have good elk hunting with seasons at several different times. Best thing to do is to start applying now to build bonus points. If you apply for the less primo hunts, you might get drawn withn a couple years or even the first time you apply. If you apply for the most sought after hunts, such as the rut hunt in Sept., you will probably wait about 15-18 yrs. to get drawn.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom