Arrow weight?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-09 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p]A scale. Weigh it.

Not sure what else you are asking. Something in the range of 400 grains is what most prefer and for good reason.

Or are you talking about arrow spine? For that check the arrow selection chart for your particular brand. That will tell you which shaft you should use given your poundage, point weight, and shaft length. This is key. No archery set up will shoot well without a properly spined arrow.

Arrow weight for me relates to my pin gaps and my arrow speed. I shoot the heaviest arrow I can at or around 280 f/s.
Because of my draw length, I have no problem shooting an arrow well over 400 gr. So I have more options than most archers.

Most manufacturers specify a minimum arrow weight which is 5 grains per pound of draw weight. So if your shooting 60lbs a 300 grain arrow is the lightest arrow you should shoot. Most hunting arrows these days start around 380 grains and go up from there. A 400 grain arrow from a modern compond with a sharp broadhead is adequate for most North American animals. Don't be afraid to shoot a heavier arrow though. Nothing wrong with shooting 500gr arrows, in fact you may find your more accurate with heavy arrows.

If you tell me the exact length of the shaft itself, the size of the shaft, length of fletchings and the point weight I can plug it into Archers Advantage and get you a pretty accurate number.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom