Arrowhead or not?

luckless

OK guys, I found what I believe to be a nice arrowhead while shed hunting this Saturday. Which was nice, since I found zero sheds. Z found a broken off tine within 50 yds of the truck, but we got skunked the rest of the day...

Here it is, all 1.5 inch by .75 inch ... Tell me what you think...

49f67bea17d45a7c.jpg

49f67c20190d7e00.jpg

DC

It was in the process of becoming one but for whatever reason, I believe it's probably the ridge in the middle, it didn't make it to completion. Note the absence of flaking on the reverse side. He gave up on it.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-09 AT 07:29AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-09 AT 07:29?AM (MST)

You sexist bastage!! it could have been a "she".:p You never know, there could have been a couple of tomboy indian chicks out there!! SHEESH!!! How did i know you would have a post on this subject when i saw it cookie? hhhhhmmmmmmm.

I agree with others, it is most likely an arrowhead that did not make the final cut. Lots were started and during the process of chipping away they were discarded for one reason or another. I think it may be too small for a scraper? Nice find.

Because, Q-T, whether you think it's a worthwhile endeavor or not, you KNOW that I KNOW how they're made!!

Ya, cuz your a tard with too much time on your hands...... cool find though! i can never find anything half that neat.

You want I should make you one? I know you will NEVER find one following that moose around listening to his advice!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-09 AT 11:09PM (MST)[p]Sounds good to me stupid....just dont tell me, that way i will feel good about my arrowhead finding skills. ;-)

[font size="22"]

[/font]

Trap, that 2nd one is nice. Most likely for birds and small game.

My son finds them fairly regularly where we live. Has a nice spear head he found.

Dan, it looks like someone worked on that rock.

Looks like leverite to me.As in leverite where ya found it.
Just looks like a pointy rock.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-09 AT 08:39PM (MST)[p]I really dont think it is an arrowhead or anything? Just my opinion.

Those other pics are nice! That long skinny yellow one is awesome. They are leverites. Leverite in my pocket!;-)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom