ATV muffler reqirements

CWeeks

Was looking to get my ATV permit online and read about needing forest service approved spark arrestor, my ATV is an older Honda but has spark arrestor stamped on end of the muffler. Are they going to enforce the part about forest service approved if I get checked?

The regulations regarding what is a Forest Service approved spark arrestor are only 383 pages long. So you should have no problem determining if your spark arrestor is approved. :'(

The regulations are at this address:

http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/programs/fire/spark_arrester_guides/_assets/2012_OHV.pdf

Looks like you will need to know the model number and possibly manufacturer of the muffler to figure out if your Honda is legal.

I've never been checked, so I'm not sure, but if someone is going to ring you up for not having a forest service approved spark arrestor, they are probably going to be ringing you up for a whole lot more than that. Just seems unlikely you will get a ticket JUST for the muffler.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom