Auxiliary Fuel Tanks?

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
Can anyone recommend an auxiliary fuel tank for a 2008 Ford F350 Diesel? I want one that will either pump into the main tank or one that will automatically feed . I've looked at Trans Flow and Aero Tanks. Also, does anyone know of anybody in the Central Utah area that installs these things?

It's always an adventure!!!

My grandpa had one on his '99 ford f-250. It was the transflow automatic feed. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that it never had problems, because if it did it would not of been on his truck. He had to have his truck perfect.

My 99 F-250 also has dual tanks with the automatic feed transflow that feeds the main tank. No problems with it and it was installed by the Ford dealer when the pickup was purchased new. The second tank was mounted where the spare tire had been located under the bed, and the fill cap is located next to the main tank fill cap. Total of 74 gal capacity.

Great for long hauls pulling a R.V. but comes with sticker shock when filling tanks at better then 4 bucks a gallon.

RELH

what cab and bed length? for a shortbed i have installed tanks that are about 52 gallons. for a longbed i think they go 65+ gallons. its a single replacement tank, not an auxillery tank

I really miss my auxiliary tank.

My '99 F350 was the last truck I had one in.

My '05 and my current '10 F350's did not have one.

Travelling all over the Rockies during hunting season, it was always comforting knowing I had a full tank of 'home grown' gas.

Twice in the last 6-7 years I have got bad gas and didn't have that spare tank of home grown to switch to.

Not a bad idea AWLB.

Robb

You can install one yourself BULL!

HELL SAKES!

You got a Drill & a few Hand Tools you're good to go!

Take Caution & don't do what a local here did,He drilled down through the Bed in to a Fuel line or something & sadly watched his new Truck burn to the Ground!

Newer Diesels are THIRSTY Bastards,I'd get the Biggest Tank Possible!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Not sure about the lingo there desertdeer. I'm assuming that a replacement tank takes the place of the original tank? that may work but I think I would like one on top of the original tank. The family wants to do some RV travel this summer and I don't want to be stopping at every fuel station on the map while getting 8-10 mpg!

Bessy - that's exactly the reason I will leave this one to the professionals. I would be affraid of doing something just like that.

I too have the Transfer flow. The model I bought has 50 gallons of fuel with about a 10 inch deep tool box on the top. It was a bit pricey but has been a really good tank. For trips to the Strip or Mexico I can't live without it.

I'm with bess, install it yourself. Drill 4 holes in the bed , tee into the filler neck and hook up a couple wires.

i was just wondering it it was a crew cab or supecab and if it was a 6.5 foot bed or an 8 foot bed. for a longbed there are tanks that hold 65+ gallons, shortbeds can hold over 50 gallons. they go in place of your stock tank so you dont use up bedspace or have to relocate your spare tire

Ahhhhh. That's what I thought. It's a Crew Cab short bed. What does something like what you're talking about run installed?

If We don't get this Buddy of RUS's out how the HELL is anybody gonna be able to afford to fill a bigger tank up?

+1 B bopper, Not that I'm saying he is Rus?s buddy, ;-) but if we the US don't CHANGE the POS ?change? my 1999 7.3 F250 will be doing a lot more sittin and I will be climbing in and out of an even older civic with my A$$ scootin just above the pavement just to afford to go to work and sit here and visit you guys on MM!

GBA

I here that GotBow!

i thionk alot/most Americans would Tollerate high Fuel Prices if the Deficit was being paid back a bit!

This JACKASS is Spending/Printing money faster than anybody in History & getting us in a real bind!

Surely this ain't the Best We can come up with?

I'm in southern California, I'm a dealer for trans flow they are good people to work with. If I can help let me know.Call the shop and tell them Gator said too.

A&B Hitches and Mufflers
Hesperia ca 92345
760-244-3550

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom