Axe to grind

BUCKSPY

Very Active Member
If there are subjects and or areas of interest that people are upset about, there is usually a good reason. Most of the time they have some sort of personnal investment. Its interesting to do a search on someone's handle and see where their interests lie in different areas. Take GS1000 for example, he seems overtly passionate about the sale of Utah's mule deer gov tag and isn't afraid to attack the new director of the MDF on it, albeit, anonymously. (Do you honestly think his alias is real?) He also seems very concerned about the marketing of certain landowner vouchers in Colorado and is obviously very much up to speed on these issues and some others that were deleted. He has offered ZERO positive input to this site but is quick to jump out on issues that it would seem benefit certain individuals finacially. Why the axe to grind? Anyone have any guesses?

GS1000-Does your dad know you're doing this because your immaturity is transparent.

Sounds like GS1000 is someone selling CO Landowner tags that lives in Utah. The list is short. Pennington lives in Colorado right? My guess is the Carters and since you talk about his dad we can assume its the son whatever his name is. Only cool Garth is from Waynes World!

Nice try, I knew you were still pissed about the unit 35/36 comment and how the RFW border is your favorite. You have done more damage to Colorado than anyone and yet hammer others for making a living. You can't get your mug in enough articles or magazines. Congrats on your success.

I am friends with Garth and Jason but I don't think they own a Suzuki GSX 1000!

Isn't Moss the only one who takes the Utah Gov tag hunting?

Good Luck.

All though I do not share the same views as GS, I have been watching from the sidelines for a while and you do seem to try to impress people with your holier than thou attitude and your ability to use sophisticated words because of your expanded vocabulary. I do think though that you are an acomplished hunter, maybe the most acomplished on this site but I think you have a large ego and you like to have it stroked by all the numerous post's about how great your story was in such and such magazine. You do have my respect as a hunter and I wish you would come off as not so self rightous.

I sense a bit of jealousy. who wouldnt want to be successful enough to routinely take a big deer and see it in one of the big publications? I'm still waiting on my first mature 4 point. So the guy is smart and well spoken, you don't like him because of your defecincies? To bad more guys here can't type in good english and use good grammer (including me) :) Keep up the good work bs, i enjoy your humor and your writing.

I hope you don't sense any jealousy on part. I gave him props for being a accomplished hunter that consistantly takes large deer on public land. If you don't think though that he has a holier than thou attitdue then you are just another ass kiss for him. I'm done with this post. I should have kept my opinion to myself.

BigSmooth
Certainly not ragging on you specifically. I never met bs, never spoke with him, never emailed him, he dont even know who I am. He may have a bit of an attitude but I figure a guy as successful as him has the right to be. Nothin wrong with you stating your opinion, this was mine.

Well if some of you do think I have a "holier than though" attitude, it certainly has nothing to do with myself killing some nice bucks. They are the product of hard hunting and a certain degree of luck.

I'm strongly oppinionated and passionate on certain issues and anyone who has consistantly paid attention to my position can certainly attest to that. I'm not afraid to put my name behind what I write because I generally feel that I have pretty sound reasoning to back my position. Am I right all the time? Probably not. But atleast I can provide a sense of perspective to back my position. I'm not just some armchair cyber keyboard jockey who has learned everything he knows through others.

Sure I have had some stories published in Eastman's Journal and if anyone cares or was paying attention, there were quite a few "live" mule deer photos to accompany mine and others stories the last 3 years. I take a great deal of pride in my photography and feel a sense of worth knowing the my work is good enough to be featured in one of the best hunting publications out there. The compliments on my bucks are appreciated but as we all know, I didn't grow the antlers, I simply shot him. If you want to know the truth, since we are all being so brutaly honest here. I get the greatest sense of satisfaction when someone says they enjoyed how well written my story was. The bucks I just shot, the deer are magnificent on their own and I just took a nice photo of them, but my words, they are my own and of my own creation. I know I have inspired others to hunt harder and be selective in order to kill the buck of their dreams because they have told me so. That is what I consider a positive contribution.

GS- You sit on the sidelines and hurl stones at people like myself and Tony Abbott. 13 posts and still nothing positive.
Way to go.

Doing a search on you Buckspy shows you've been MIA.

& you Suzuki-boy/gigolo, don't you agree that was cowardly posting about someones hunting spot ?

FYI, helmets do wonders helping motorcycle riders avoid brain trauma.

GS1000 What damage has Bucksky did to Colorado. I hope you don't mean about more hunters coming there to hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom