AZ APPLICATION PROBLEMS

vmcfadden

Me and my friend put our apps in today. Applied for Pronghorn no problem. I hit the apply for another species I ask for me to put in all my Info and pick hunt choices then it ask add another hunter which we did. When Steve was done with his info he hit print the app and it only has His name. It should have been a joint app for both of us.Tried to get back in and atach myself but it won't let me. Will Fish and Game help me out if I call them.

They won't or can't make any changes, at least that was my experience when errors ( my bad) were made on our party app. Their system has some glitches. If you back up in the process it doesn't update the app. It left me as a solo app with notice that I'd be charged for two tags if drawn. The call taker at AZGF wasn't too good to work with, but her supervisor was!!! Their system is such that one person pays for all applications and tags drawn.

Good luck in draws!

As far as I know everything was done exactly as the first app for Pronghorn This was for our elk app. I thought something was strange when It only ask for half the payment. We thought the new system would allow each to pay for their own so he continued. Next step was printing out a single app reciept.

So far exactly what I didn't want to hear. I will call them in the morning. It was definately a computer glitch because we entered it the same as our Pronghorn tag and it came out fine.

my partner applied today and claimed it only charged him $15. I thought they required the whole tag fee up front???

Ah Zim, here is the right scoop! They only charge you for the application fee of $7.50 right away and IF you get drawn then they hit you for the full amount!

Don Martin

Is that a change from last year? I thought they always took money up front. Yikes that will open the NR floodgates.

If you turn in online, they only charge the $7.50 app fee up front. If you do a paper app it is the full tag amount. It is new this year because we have gone back to the online system and yes it will hurt draw odds.

Doesn't make any sense to do it two different ways depending on how you apply! I imagine you are right about odds if online apps. don't require much money up front. Maybe they are trying a quick way to get most to apply online and will change to all money up front in a year or two like Wyoming does.

>If you turn in online, they
>only charge the $7.50 app
>fee up front. If you
>do a paper app it
>is the full tag amount.
>It is new this year
>because we have gone back
>to the online system and
>yes it will hurt draw
>odds.

It shouldn't be as bad as New Mexico when they changed to app fee only, because in AZ you must buy the license to gain points, but it will still be very bad for NR odds, especially the few units where less than max will draw. This sucks.

Last time NM did this change, odds in my unit went from 90% to 15% and never changed.

You fellas might give your card companies a heads up. I don't know if AZ gives you 3 strikes and an email on a bounced card like NM does.

Just got off the phone with AZGFD. We will be applying seperate this year. Once the application is confirmed nobody can do anything with it or to it. Done deal. They could not do anything about it but say they have had other complaints about the same thing.

That's BS! If they know there's a problem, they should have a programmer on it full time to fix the glitch ASAP!!!

Update my friend that I was appling with called them and he talked to someone thats concerned. They told him that they can tell by some report in 48hrs if something went wrong.

I did not care for their website application navigation. I went in there in advance of applying. After that, I phoned my partner up to warn him to be careful. Especially after seeing this thread on no changes. If I remember right the hunt choices did not list sex nor weapon type until you made a selection. I think this will trip up some folks. Not a good setup when we have applied, paid and waited for 10 years.

For those who have not applied yet, be warned. Be careful when applying.

That's really too bad to hear that when Wyoming makes their system almost fool proof and very quick to enter the draws!

Should have known AZ ON LINE PROCESS is all screwed up. It wont accept payment at the very end of applications. Called them and finaly got thru and of course its not thier fault, some nationwide payment engine not working.So now I have to wait for thier call to let me apply again, bet that goes well.Is it realy that difficult? AZ GET YOUR SH!T TOGETHER! BH1

Paper apps are the way to go. If they are wrong it is the guy filling them out at fault. After waiting 10 to 15 years I want to be the one that messed up not some computer.

Had the same problem as buck. As well as it would randomly navigate back to the first page. Called game and fish and waited for about 30 minutes. Said screw it and sent off some paper apps...

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
square-large-sec.gif

Keep in mind it really does benefit the applicant(s)if they read all the printed information on the application system website about the app process. There are warnings about the operating system and the web browser your computer utilizes. You will have "issues" if your not using what the online app system recommends, especially when you try to print out your receipts.

If you have a copy of the 2012 Arizona Antelope & Elk Regulations printed out (you all did do that right?) you should have NO PROBLEMS selecting the hunt numbers you intend to apply for. Also, there are opportunities to edit your selections along the way. If you accidently choose a hunt in a unit you didn't intend to, you can read the detailed description, realize your error and make a simple change.

As for payment, there is a box to click on for which applicant is providing their CC details for payment. Only one credit card can be used and the card will only be charged for the application fees (unless you are also purchasing a license) and, as Don Martin noted, you will not be charged for a permit unless you are drawn.

If I can navigate through the app system ANYONE can. It isn't "tricky", it isn't full of "glitches", take your time, make your selections and double check your work before you click continue/process and you shouldn't have any issues.

Many asked/whined/begged/badgered the AZGFD to go to an online system; now we have it back to stay, and IMO it is going to make it tougher to draw as there are going to be a significant increase in applications submitted, primarily due to the lack of a requirement to put up all the cash upfront at the time of the app submission.

Good luck to you all in the drawings! You NR applicants can effect your odds for the DEER/SHEEP drawings by obtaining the AZ Hunter Ed Bonus Point by attending the upcoming Spring Supplemental Class in Kingman. You might want to check into that...

Jim Rich
Region III HET

Does anyone know if there is a way to look up your currently submitted applications? My partner applied for me and I just want to see if it was all entered properly, and print it out for my records. I don't see it anywhere. I am not excited about this new AZ app navigation.

Put my 11 points to work today, on line process went very smoothly. Now I just need that nr archery elk tag!

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

WP

online process was super simple, but not having to front tag costs is def gonna screw us all. Hope they go back to just paper apps, but it is the 21st century...

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom