AZ draw results are UP!

DonMartin

Very Active Member
Results are up. No tags here.....Got lots of time to guide now.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Well there is SOME good news. One of my veteran hunter ed instructors Scott Snay drew a rifle Strip tag with only 3 bonus points, while one of my new hunter ed instructors, Jay Chan got a late, westside Kaibab tag.

I heard that the guy who drew Units 9-10 for sheep got it with 3 bonus points!

Don Martin
AWO

Denied. Submitted a joint application with my boy for the 1st time. Failed to read the fine print that must be 10 at the time of the draw and not the hunt. Missed it by a month and it'll cost me a loyalty point. Self inflicted stupidity. Oh well.

Oh man! That is the first time I ever heard of that happening. That is really too bad, especially since you were applying with your son.

Better apply for left over tags!

As of now I know of 5 people who drew the late, west side Kaibab and three who have drawn Arizona Strip tags.

Don Martin
AWO

I now am the proud owner of 3 deer points, 9 turkey points (come on goulds tag), and 19 sheep points...... Maybe someday....

If it wasn't for guiding I would only get to hunt pigs and archery deer!!! Oh well.... Im like a Cubs fan... There is always next year! :)

Eric, looks like you and I are in about the same boat EXCEPT I now have 13 points for deer, 6 points for turkey(come on Goulds) and 19 points for Rocky Mtn. sheep!

Don Martin
AWO

Don, call me about the goulds tag. Maybe we should put in for the same unit that way if we both draw we can camp and team up on killing a couple birds!

Are you guys busy this year?

Eric

Don,

Does the Az Game & Fish website have a area that shows the max bonus points for each species? if so where is it located? Thank You

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-11 AT 12:27PM (MST)[p]Butch:
Yes, the department does make available reports showing bonus point totals per species.

I'll try and walk you through it.

Go the main page of the Department's website and look for the icon of the bighorn sheep for the DRAW RESULTS. Click on this.

Scroll down to near the bottom of this page and click on "Learn more about big game draw process and bonus points.

Then click onto the BONUS POINT Process.

Scroll to near the bottom of the page and you'll see BONUS POINT REPORTS. Click onto this and scroll down until you see "INDIVIDUAL BONUS POINT TOTALS BY SPECIES UPDATED 4-12-2011. Click on this.

Bear in mind that these were the numbers BEFORE this year's deer and sheep draw. Those numbers will have changed after the most recent draw. Elk and antelope numbers should be good however.

Good luck!

Eric, Page and I are both gathering points, but we sure don't have a problem applying as a group with you! I do got some good info on where to go, and hunting with you again would be fun!

Don Martin
AWO

"Denied. Submitted a joint application with my boy for the 1st time. Failed to read the fine print that must be 10 at the time of the draw and not the hunt. Missed it by a month and it'll cost me a loyalty point. Self inflicted stupidity. Oh well. "

bbright2, that is strange! I thought the rule was in fact, the oposite of that. I understood the rule to be that the youngster must be 10 years old to 'hunt', not to 'draw'?? I think that there is a Hunter Ed restriction that says you need to be 10 to get your final hunter ed card (graduation).

Bottom line is, I've never heard that you had to be 10 at the time of the draw..... :-(

Anyone have an opinion?

Either way, better luck next time! Maybe you guys can pick-up a left-over tag?

Thanks!
S.

:)

I always believed that you must be 10 at the time of the hunt not at the time of application deadline. I'm pretty sure I applied all my kids for hunts before they were 10. I have a 15 year old son whose birthday is July 17th and I know for a fact I put him in and he was drawn before he turned 10. He has been drawn for a jr. deer hunt every year. He was 10 when he hunted but not when he was drawn.

I would ask the department for the exact rule #.

Bummer if they can't do anything about. Being rejected is one thing but to lose a loyalty point even though you applied and they took your $7.50 per person is another thing.

Good Luck

PS
No tags for me or my daughters but my two boys drew the 20a jr. deer hunt.

Just to set the record straight. You can apply at age 9 for a tag but the hunter must be 10 to be able to hunt.

In Hunter Ed, we give the 9yr old their graduation cards, but they are not valid until they are 10 years old.

I would sure check on this situation. But bottom line is take advantage of the left over tags. Take your son hunting.

Don Martin
Master Instructor
AZ Hunter Education
Region III

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-11 AT 12:38PM (MST)[p]>Just to set the record straight.
>You can apply at age
>9 for a tag but
>the hunter must be 10
>to be able to hunt.
>
>
>In Hunter Ed, we give the
>9yr old their graduation cards,
>but they are not valid
>until they are 10 years
>old.
>
>I would sure check on this
>situation. But bottom line is
>take advantage of the left
>over tags. Take your son
>hunting.
>
>Don Martin
>Master Instructor
>AZ Hunter Education
>Region III

Bingo, short & sweet (and accurate) Don!

bbright2, I'm thinking you should call G&F and double check the reason for the un-successful! ;-)

Go for the left-overs!

S.

:)

Having the Hunters Ed and loyalty points for the draw paid off again. Drew 12B-West again for the third time in six years. Thanks Don!

Man I guess nobody drew sheep tags. I'm in the same boat...as usual. Maybe there are some leftover tags! LOL

My 13 year olds drew deer tags 18b. I've never been there. See if we can round up a couple of bucks come November.

Don P.

One of the BOHNTR crew drew a pretty good tag......my hunting partner (Wally) drew 13B archery (tag # 001). I got another point but will live vicariously through my hunting partner. Should be a good hunt!

BOHNTR )))---------->

Nothing for me, but my son drew his first big game tag, 3a-3c jr mule deer, he just turned ten and this will be his first big game hunt, he is so pumped up! Supposed to be a great hunt, hopefully dad can find the bucks...never been to this unit so it should be a fun challenge!

bbright2-I'm also thinking there must've been something else wrong with your ap, as I put my daughter (12) and son (9 at the time) in as a party for jr elk hunts, they both got their points. Good luck if you put in for leftovers!

flyingspear

>AWESOME! Hopefully we'll see you up
>there! Bet he had a
>ton of bonus points?
>
>Don Martin
>AWO

Don:

Yes sir, he had maximum points (non-resident). Unfortunately, I won't be able to go with him, as I have a backpacking trip set-up in a CO wilderness to chase velvet clad mule deer. After he drew this tag, it looks like I'll be up there alone for 10 days.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I know you'll do fine..you always do! There is some big buck up there that doesn't know it, but he is a dead man walking!

I'm waiting for the deer lists I ordered as soon as I get 'em I'm gonna see about lining someone up for that archery hunt.

I know I'm going on the rifle hunt just need to fill a spot with an archer up there.

Take care, good luck and good hunting!

Don Martin
AWO

My dad, buddy and I drew 12a West general, and my mom is the proud owner of a 12b west late tag! She'll prob show us all up again this year, last time she had the tag she smoked a 199 5/8in 5x5! Thank you deer gods! Can't wait!!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom