AZ ELK & ANTELOPE CC HITS

I hope that you can say that your card has been hit. You helped me twice with info on 6B for my son's early rifle bull hunt. We put in with paper so we will have to wait until they post it or on the phone. Good luck!

No hits for me yet, but plenty of others have hits! I'm sitting on 19 pts for antelope and still my odds of drawing a rifle tag are very slim. Good luck!!

NR elk for me and a buddy. :) :) :)

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Got a withdraw on my account from fish and game today. Looks like i am hunting elk again in november. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I have a pending charge for two elk tags. WooHoo! Now the wait to find out which unit did we drew.

Don P

No hit for me yet.... Hopefully there are more charges to be done today or else I am S.O.L !!

Nice that they at least released the CC information, but I wonder how long it will be before those of us that gave them paper and a check will know if we drew or not. Sure thought all this would be settled before this weekend, but apparently not.

I guess the only good thing at this point is there is still hope. Hope I draw and hope I know before Tuesday's Colorado application deadline. I feel the need...the need to hunt.

Congratulations to all who drew a tag.

Looks like the charging is all over, but I'm still hoping they start charging after 5 p.m. today for some reason...Congrats to all who drew!!

Congrats to all you lucky dogs! Looks like another point for Crookedarrow. I have never pulled a tag that I basically didn't have over the barrel with points going into the draw. Maybe this will be my year in NM or better yet maybe my lottery ticket will hit tonight and I can hunt anything I want anywhere I want every year!

Well I havnt been hit on the card. Im bummed. Looks like i will be goin to the rez for cow for the freezer, however my wife put in for a cow tag but we used the paper app. So theres still some possible silver linings in the clouds. My dad also used paper app so just maybe we will get to go huntin after all.
For the ones like me who didnt draw, find a friend that did and share the camp or the hunt if you can. It is always a bonus to get that tag and actually hunt but the great outdoor is just that and hunting is more than just the taking of a an animal.
We have enjoyed an opportunity in the application process and drawing a tag. If it were anywhere else in the world we would not have had this chance. Remember taht the North American Model is the Premier model of conservation in the world. Im just happy to be here in retrospect.
So lets all have another whatever youre drinkin and start thinkin about the deer and sheep draw coming up!
JD

So, is the draw over? By now if the CC has not been hit there is no chance of a draw?

A bad day hunting still beats working!

Last time I drew a good tag my card didn't show the hit till 5 days after everybody else.
I think some banks are just slow in posting the charges.
I'm not giving up hope yet, official results will posted next week, and It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

Nothing for me but my brother is hunting bulls in unit 3a/c !!!!!

If you think the odds are bad now just think of the odds if HB2072 ever gets in.

Hey DOG HB 2072 wont be getting in so you have nothing to worry about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the BOHNTR crew will be chasing bulls again in September......my 4th NR archery bull tag since 1993....no complaints here!

BOHNTR )))---------->

Congrats BOHNTR a tag about every 6 years thats not bad.I'll be back up to 4 points after this year and hope to be chasing them again in the next few years.

Well no elk tag for me but I will be hunting goats with a rifle in 10 or a smoke pole in 8!!!!!! Little brother will be hunting bulls in 10 with a rifle!!!!

I did not get drawn either and I had 9 points for elk as a resident and 8 points for antelope and I put in for all archery hunts. My wife did draw another elk tag second year in a row and my son drew his first ever elk tag on his first time applying. So I am excited to take him on his first hunt ever. Three of my good friends also drew archery bull tags this year. Going to be a great year in the field with family and friends.

No hit for me but I didn't expect it. Should draw in 2013 or 14.

Member RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

23 bull here I come

Yours truly,
HumbledHunter (stinkystomper's alter ego)
Mormons are Christians too

So here it is April 2nd and yesterday some are getting CC hits. Maybe there is still a chance.

They said it could take a week or longer to put the CC thru.
So don't be bummed out yet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Just tried to check my CC, Cabelas. The site has been down for awhile. Hopefully with everyone getting hit for tags. It took Cabelas 4 days before my New Mexico charges were posted.

Waiting for this credit card crap to end so the actual draw results will be posted is extreemly frustrating. They have to find a better system with this CC processing. It will be seven weeks tomorrow since the application deadline and the draw happened last week sometime yet here we are still waiting and waiting and waiting.

In the mean time, Colorado apps are due tomorrow and AZ is still silent other than a few cc hits. Full results PLEASE!!

Frustrated in Fenix

Bad news.

Seems like everyone I talk to is getting charged for elk so my buddy's wife just called game and fish. They told her everyone is getting hit, even if they're not drawn!

True story, not playing April fools. Guess we have to wait for results to get the real news!

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

Why would they charge all the elk applicants' cards? Seems like they would have done that back in February if they were going to do that. I suspect there was a misunderstanding on that phone call regarding all elk applicants being charged regardless of draw status.

It is clearly stated on page 10 in the elk and antelope regs, only successful applicants will have their credit cards charged.

And I got charged! Unit 9 archery again?

Got hit for NR elk today, not sure if it is for my son or me. The lady I spoke with said they have had a lot of problems with the online system, as they had a problem with my card, but everything should be out by Wed.

CABugle

Just checked Cabela's for hits and because they don't post everyday you must talk to someone and ask for "pending charges".
I'm still crossing my you know what.

I checked all weekend and nothing.
Today on my Cabela's card :
They have a charge of $587.50 and mar 30 th date...

Only one charge, and I put my wife and I in separately.
So it's either 23
late rife or 6A muzz.late.
She already drew Wyo.elk, so I hope it's my turn...
Good luck to all,
Please post results...

You are right mm, the antelope tag I think I got is only $85, I need to call the card company again to see what the charge was .
THX
BB

I just figured out i've been checking the wrong card. Looks like I got my first AZ bull tag!

The mountains, not the hills.

It does seem like there is an unusual amount of people in this thread that have said that they can't believe they got drawn for the second year in a row or again so soon. We should be able to figure this out. Anyone been charged that really had slim to no chance at drawing? Like a non res with no points in the premo units? Anyone?

only 6, had antelope tags in 1984 and 2007. Would be a miracle to get another one now, but the number looks good.....

>Non-res unit 9 archery no points
>

Are you serious? Did you get drawn for the early hunt? If so, there have definitly been cards charged that did not draw as it is impossible for a nonres to draw early 9 without max points. There was not a single non-resident drawn for early 9 bull with less than 15 points last year. See this same thread in the Elk forum for more "I can't believe I got drawn again" folks.

Even though my CCard was charged, I'm not Celebrating till i know for sure I have a tag coming. When that will be? hopefully this week.

I about had a cow when I saw a G&F charge for $356. I thought we drew everything. Then I noticed it was for CO.

Sage

Deer app in CO ay. Since AZ can't figure out how to deal with the credit card mess and subsequently delayed posting the draw results, it has put a major wrinkle in the the CO app process.

If I knew I drew an AZ tag, then I could just apply for a CO point which helps out for next year in CO.

Since I don't know about AZ, I have to apply for a CO tag today to ensure a 2012 hunt. Then when ever AZ pulls their head out to see the sunshine and then I find that I drew a tag, I may have to turn in my CO tag and either let CO keep $350 and receive a point or have them refund my $350 and not receive a point. An entire year waisted because AZ can't get an on-line draw system that they know how to deal with. Which by the way is why I applied using the old paper form this year. Not trusting my loyolty points to an electronic system given AZGF's past history with on line drawing systems.

I sent in a comment to AZGFD this affect and the response I received was detailed and more than I expected, but in a nut shell stated they have issues this year and hope to do better in the future. The final comment was they wanted to post the results as much as we wanted them to. I'm not convenced.

I understand your frustration and your desire to find out the results. However, I do not think AZ G&F is to blame for your predicament. Nowhere in their regs does it say the results will be posted before Colorado's deadline or any other states deadline for that matter. On page 12 of the regs it says the tags and the refunds will be mailed by April 20th, thats it. As far as I know, the only state that has results posted for the 2012 fall elk hunts is Wyoming. I suppose you are upset with those who do not have their results posted already too? Why not be upset with Colorado because their deadline is before the AZ results are posted. Why is it AZ G&F's fault?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but I always find it funny how people try to blame someone else when there really is nobody to blame. It is just the way the application process is. Every state is a separate entity and operates that way.

Good luck and good hunting.

whats takin so ***** long
why isn't it working to fit my schedule

hell we never even applyed till june before

online will always have hickups -

i actully prefer paper - think it lowers the odds as people can't charge it! pay later - less people put in.

if you want to hunt out of state - pay the price - do not blame az game and fish cuz they weren't fast enough to beat the other states deadline.

oh they could do it if they got there **** together .

what a joke ! i know i did nt get drawn no card hit - i used it as a convience not because i really wanted to!
seems i never get drawn when onlines available - wish it was always paper !

but some would still be whinnnin for one reason or another !

! .

Read page 10 in the regs. Hunt permit tag fees will be charged after the drawing is completed and YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL IN THE DRAW. This eliminates the requirement to pay your tag fees in advance and / or ISSUE A REFUND if you are not successful in the draw. AZFG cannot charge your card unless you were successful in the draw. This is for all online applicants.

they say its impossible, but I had a buddy draw a unit 10 archery bull tag non-res with no points.... so i know its possible.. and his brother drew a bighorn sheep tag in another state with no points... figure that one out.

Do the other states with online apps have the issues that Arizona seem to always have ?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-12 AT 09:11PM (MST)[p]>Sage
>
>
>If I knew I drew an
>AZ tag, then I could
>just apply for a CO
>point which helps out for
>next year in CO.
>
>Since I don't know about AZ,
>I have to apply for
>a CO tag today to
>ensure a 2012 hunt.
>Then when ever AZ pulls
>their head out to see
>the sunshine and then I
>find that I drew a
>tag, I may have to
>turn in my CO tag
>and either let CO keep
>$350 and receive a point
>or have them refund my
>$350 and not receive a
>point. An entire year
>waisted
>. Not trusting
>my loyolty points to an
>electronic system given AZGF's past
>history with on line drawing
>systems.
>
>
>264

All the states that use online apps and credit cards that do not charge full fees up front always give successful applicants advance info that they drew via a CC 'hit'.

Sounds like you made a poor choice to use paper which provided a certain outcome that you would have to wait longer...To me electronic apps provide certainty the form is filled out correctly versus paper where you can easily mess up. And you get a confirmation of what you applied for and that it was accepted, which is helpful.

BTW if you return a colo draw tag and leave the money on thtable you will NOT earn a point for this year, just a reinstatementnof the total you had after last year.

I applied for late rifle elk in a unit that gave me decent odds with 4 NR points. I have not been charged on my CC account. I am wondering how i didnt get drawn when everybody and their mom drew decent to excellent tags with little or no points at all. I have to admit, when I first saw all the successful responces, I believed there may have been a glitch in their new online licensing system. But since I have not drawn, maybe there is no glitch and everyone actually drew???

Hunt AZ

I agree with you and certainly understand that the AZGFD owes me nothing in regard to the draw results. Since I have a vested interest in the results, I decided to send a comment to the AZGFD last week regarding the issue noting that the delay creates issues with the ability to meet other states application deadlines. The response I received was quite interesting and went like this.

We moved the Elk and Antelope draw to February in 2007 at the request of hunters to assist in planning and the change has been met with positive success.

There was a lot more but this was the important statement.

The key words here are "to assist in planning". Since 2007, the draw results have been posted during the last week of March with plenty of time to apply in Colorado. Not sure about New Mexico, but I think the NM app deadline was after the results were posted as well. Could be very wrong on that. At any rate, I guess planning went out the window this year because they once again cannot get a handle on the on-line system.

As for K who stated that I made a bad choice using paper instead of the new and improved on-line system. Time will tell who made a bad choice. The AZGFD has shown time and again that they are unable to get a grasp of any on-line system. I was not willing to throw caution to the wind and risk my loyalty point because they have some glitch in their new system. AZGFD has also shown that they are about as flexable as a steel "I" beam when it comes to mistakes in the draw, no matter who's fault it is. They know the stone age paper process so until they show that the on-line system is mastered, I'll use a paper form thank-you.

Here is the irony guys. All my issue stems from a mistake I made last year when I ASS-U_MEd that I would not draw an AZ tag and went ahead and applied in Colorado for a deer and elk tag. Guess what I drew? All three. I know such a problem to have too many tags, but a lot of dollars were spent that I did not have at the time and now I had to plan for three hunts insead of one or two. If you know the CO system I first requested a change of my applications to points only, they said they would but did not. Then I could have sent the tags back in, but I would lose my money or my points. I chose to keep the tags and work around the time off and money issues. Swore that I would wait for AZ to post this year before applying in CO. Jokes on me this time.

Been a whole lot easier on all of us had the AZGFD planned out their new system and been consistent with the timing of posting draw results, but it was not to be this year.

I guess most of you would say that it's my problem and to just get over it. I say your right that it is and I will. Nuff Said on my part.

Good luck to all who drew a tag and enjoy every moment of your hunt. A good luck also to those like me who don't have a clue if you drew a tag or not.

Delayed of posting results in whose eyes? Consistent with what timing? Previous years? Yes, the delay and consistency is off compared to other years. The posting of draw results around the same time every year is only a convenience. They are not required to do it. Why do you think they don't provide any of that information in the regs? The only thing they tell us is when the tags will be mailed out by. Too many people expect too much and get upset when it doesn't go their way, or things change.

People pissed and moaned about not having an online system. Its not going to be perfect the first time running it. I'm just sayin.....

Half I applied for a late rifle as a resident with 5 points real decent odds and didn't draw. Sometimes the cards are right sometimes not. It's a lottery

Just because people drew tags with little or no points doesn't mean arizona online system has a glitch! It is called a drawing just like any lottery anyone can win! With points your name just goes in the pool more doesn't mean your going to pull a tag. Heck if you bought $10,000 worth of tickets for megamillion last friday and your neighbor bought one and hit the jackpot does that mean they have a problem with there system. No it means your neighbor is damn lucky just like everyone who is posting they've drawn a tag. No where in az regs does it say when results will be posted it just says tags and refunds to be sent out by April 20th (see page 12 right at the top). So quite blaming azfg for not posting results to your time frame!!!

While responding to Huntaz and Khunt last night (see post 83) I got to thinking about all the applications that were successful in the draw, but their credit cards failed for what ever reason. Bank error, wife charged too much so you're over the limit, a security breach at some institution what ever.

If you applied and then were lucky enough to draw, but applicant "A"'s card failed, does everyone on the application lose their loyalty point? How about their point for this year?

Maybe doing paper the old fasion way that AZGF understands isn't so bad after all.

Just saying

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-12 AT 12:42PM (MST)[p]264x300, if a card does fail on any application ($7.50 fee) no matter how many people are on it they lose their loyalty point, the point for that year and a chance at drawing. I do my own application each year just so it's all on me if something goes wrong!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-12 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]Mike

Exactly why I did paper this year instead of the new on-line system. I did not trust their new system nor what appears to be a technology challanged department. Hope I am wrong on the last comment, but all things point that way.

I wonder how long it will take for posts to start hitting with:

My buddy's card failed so I lost my loyalty point and at tag!!

David

I AGREE......PAPER APPS ONLY......TOO MUCH HAS GONE ON !!! I WANTED TO STAY IN THE TOP POINT POOL....SO PAPER IT WAS. AFTER ACCUMULATING 16 POINTS ON PAPER.......I HAVE TO CHUCKLE AT SOME PEOPLE THAT APPLAUD THE ON LINE SYSTEM. NEVER THE LESS, I HOPE YOU ALL DRAW...........................YD.

What happens to the tag if the credit card fails? Does it go to the next person in line?
I prefer the old paper way. It will be interesting to see how many more people applied since you didn't have to put money up front.

If your charged the $7.50 fee before the draw your considered safe for gaining a bonus point for that year and loyalty point. Just because the $7.50 goes through you still have to keep funds in the account for the draw. If your card fails when the draw happens and insufficient funds are in that account you will not get the tag and the next one in line will. Of course you will still get your bonus point and loyalty if you were charged $7.50 before the draw, if you were not charged $7.50 you are out of luck all together and you lose everything! Hope that helps!

You don't get the point if they take out the $7.50 and then later you draw but don't have enough funds in your account. The $7.50 is a processing fee. If you are rejected for any reason you lose that years chance at a tag, BP and your loyalty point (if you had one).

Just because they took your $7.50 it does not guarantee you a point. Believe me, I know. I made a mistake 4 years ago on my sons application.

Straight from the AZGFD:

...if an online applicant has their credit card declined, just like if a paper applicants check bounced, their application would be rejected for having their funds dishonored. This rejection would cause them to lose any loyalty points for the species they applied for. All other accrued bonus points would stay intact.

Considering they are having such a difficult time with the credit card process, I am guessing my chances of drawing a tag next year just went up a bunch. A lot of loyalty points are going to get wiped off the records because credit cards were rejected. Wooopsy.

I guess I did not make such a bad decision using paper after all Khunter.

264 :)

Why do you keep saying they are having a problem with their credit card process? I have not read or heard anything from the dept. that says that. Last week they posted a message on their website saying they would begin to process credit cards in the next 24-48 hours and they did. They also said the draw results would then be available in one to two weeks. Today is one week.

I imagine they are checking and rechecking the accuracy of the draw and credit apps. Could you imagine what people would say if they posted results too soon and there were errors? I can only imagine what you would say then.

We all need to take a deep breath, relax and wait until results are posted. Beleive me, I want to know the results as badly as anyone else. Enjoy this time of anticipation.

Good luck to everyone that applied

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-12 AT 06:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-12 AT 06:44?PM (MST)

Huntaz

The reason I keep saying they are having issues is, I contacted the Department last week regarding the later than usual posting of results and I received a response that basically stated they were still learning the new system and were "proceeding with caution". Their concluding statment was "trust me when I say that we would like nothing more to have results out as quickly as possible." That is why I believe they are having issues or the results would be posted already. That and since 2007 they have never posted after March 29th.

It is kind of a moot point right now anyway as I am not aware of any other states application deadlines being near so you are right, results will be posted when they are posted and not a minute sooner, so yup, sit back relax and have a cold one.

BTW, I seriously doubt I will draw any tags this year, but I was in the same position last year and did so the anxiety is still there.

Have you ever hunted in Colorado? I am a native AZ guy born and raised and started hunting CO to fill in the gaps when I did not draw in AZ. It is a great way to spend a mid-October week.

Goinhuntn, I understand that the Arizona draw system is a lottery. I have no problem with that, or the fact that I did not draw. But it does seem like the vast majority of people on this site, as well as other sites, have drawn tags. Maybe the sample size of successful applicants that did reply to the online hunting forums looks larger because more successful applicants replied than non-successful. But for a state that has low odds on elk and antelope tags, it does seem like more people drew a tag than people that did not. We will see how things look when official results are posted.

Bugler, good luck next year.

>Straight from the AZGFD:
>
>...if an online applicant has their
>credit card declined, just like
>if a paper applicants check
>bounced, their application would be
>rejected for having their funds
>dishonored. This rejection would
>cause them to lose any
>loyalty points for the species
>they applied for. All
>other accrued bonus points would
>stay intact.
>
>Considering they are having such a
>difficult time with the credit
>card process, I am guessing
>my chances of drawing a
>tag next year just went
>up a bunch. A
>lot of loyalty points are
>going to get wiped off
>the records because credit cards
>were rejected. Wooopsy.
>
>I guess I did not make
>such a bad decision using
>paper after all Khunter.
>
>264 :)

We all make choices and should be happy with them in that they meet our personal needs. Your needs may include a wide buffer to account for unlikely scenarios. You are not alone, no doubt many guys stuck with paper apps because they distrust new processes, and a host of other reasons.

The odds of a bunch of people losing loyalty points for incorrectly declined credit cards is just about zero. No hunting nut is going to let that happen, period, and will show proof to rectify, To each his own, good luck in the draw.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom