AZ Kaibab Success

klb458

Here is a picture of my Kaibab muzzleloader buck. Hard to believe this is my first muley, been hunting for 15 years and had two tags when I was a youth. Starting scraping up my bonus points in hopes for a strip tag until Spring of 2018 showed us an abundance of moisture I knew I had to burn the points in hopes to kill a good buck. I wanted to really hold out on this hunt for true giant, but I guess killing a giant for your first is hard to beat. I settled with this awesome 32" wide buck, by settled I mean it got a bit "western." First shot was dead on behind the shoulder, but the bullet grenaded and exited out the rear which meant I needed to get another shot in. Second shot was at a bad angle and I made a rookie mistake of not settled in on the shot and hit his main beam. At the end of the day, it was one wild evening. Kaibab mule deer are like no other in my opinion. Everything about them seems to be a little different than your average mule deer in Arizona. Can't wait to do it all again one day. Until then, I will keep trying to seal the deal with the stick and string.

37251img0441.jpg

2nd shots with smokepoles are always interesting and are always a little unhinged since it's much harder than just cycling the bolt. Now you know first hand why there were so many errant shots fired during the civil war! Congrats on keeping it together and sealing the deal. He'll make a nice trophy on your wall and that's a great first Kaibab buck!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom