Az. Last Ram Chance For Me

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
My last chance to draw a Des. Ram will be next weeks Az. draw..Oh a few 'donation' checks sent in for the few Raffle tags being offered in some states FNAWS affiliates but........

Come on 45c !!! hunting 1/2 a Slam in one year would simmer my soup! haha

Good luck ALL !

I would love to wish you well, but I want that tag too.......LOL........I am antsy for the draws this friday/saturday hopefully...........Allen Taylor......

Hap-Hunt...I already drew a Ram tag for this fall (Rocky) and it would be sweet to draw the Desert Ram too. Not greedy but Az. is my last chance for this year to do 2 Ram tags in one year from the non-res. draw pool in 2 different states. Thats all I'm talking about.......of course Az. may never have the results out!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-03 AT 05:21PM (MST)[p]Robb, I'm rootin for ya. Two sheep hunts in one year would be unbelievable. One takes so much prep and time I cant imagine going on two in one year. But...... those damn sheep. Ya gotta take it as it comes. At least if your working stiffs like us, right.

I'm really looking to book a Stone right now. Talking with Gundahoo River. Its alot of dough but it's not gonna get any cheaper and I gotta have it. I'm too close not to pony up and go.
It's only money huh?? I'm in it pretty cheap so far (thanks to Utah FNAWS)so what the hell. Good luck. cb

cb, get on a hunt 'consultant' cancelation list and if you could get up and leave quick, you can save like 1/3 in some cancellation situations.......my 1st hunt is in Aug. and if the Az. came thru!! it is in Dec. boo-coo time between...keeping the llama packstring and me in Sheep Shape would be tough in Nov. with hardly any hunts other than the 'Wardens' ML300 tag.

L-P forget about it!!!! haha

cb, a really good friend of mine guides for Art Thompson and I have hunted his area as a resident. It is the place to be for trophy Stone Sheep. If you're gonna drop the cash to hunt them, Gundahoo is the outfit I would choose. -jb

joebuck,

I talked to Art for along time in Reno this Jan. I am really impressed with him and his outfit. He's at the top of the price range but I'm convinced he's the guy to go with. He has some great sheep in his area and is usually close to 95-100%.
I'm not a guy that can afford to do this twice (or once really) so I want to take my best shot and get it right the first time.
What's your friends name?? Thanks for your reply.

The young man's name is Colin Niemeyer and he is actually the son of my friend. His dad Hayes, actually worked for Thompson last summer too and is a top notch taxidermist. He has done mounts for my family for years. Colin is young and gung ho and I hear very good things about him from everyone( not just his dad). He's a real nice guy too. I'm not real quick to recommend outfitters in BC to people but I don't think you can go wrong with these guys, especially if you get colin for a guide. Just make sure you're in real good shape before you go. And if you're driving through stop by and I'll buy you a beer.

Joebuck,
I have actually heard of him. I hunted with Arctic Red for a Dall last year and Kelly had a very young guide working for him by the name of Chad Smith, I believe. He and his Dad knew/worked for the Thompson's as well. Very capable young kid.

I'm looking at 05 right now. The only thing funner than getting in sheep shape is drinking cold beer so yer on. Thanks, cb

cb,
If you can find a way and the wife is down with it, make it happen.
Life is short, live it without regrets!
Are you talking 03 or 04 ?
Claude

Showgun,

Don Martin is probably the best sheep guide you could hire in unit 15c.

Happyhunting I beg to differ with you. I'll compare AZ Game & Fish harvest records with anyone!!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom