AZ lopes, just a thought

AZtrophyhunter

Does it seem really dumb that we apply for yrs & yrs for lopes in AZ, competing for roughly 10 tags a unit with thousands of other hunters applying when if we really wanted to hunt antelope we could buy an otc tag in some other state for cheap? I've been applying since I was 12, I'm 26 now...that 12 yrs of no antelope hunting. Dumb.

I would like to do an over the counter - self guided - antelope hunt. Anyone have any suggestions where I need to start looking? What kind of price should I expect?

Feel free to post here or private message me, thanks.

The wait has been long for me also. I started applying when I was 10 and now 22, going into this years draw with 14 points. There's still quite a few with 18(max) points still applying, but I'm hoping a lot are non-residents. I've thought about applying in New Mexico but the odds don't seem much better. OTC hunts are usually a lot less quality, but if you want to hunt them probably Wyoming would be the best.

15 bonus points for me. I have never been drawn for antelope in my home state of AZ. That is why starting this year I am putting in for Wyoming as well.

I have been applying for AZ for 12 years also without a tag, however I've been going OTC archery in CO and will be applying in WY this year.

It's Bush's fault!!!

Sorry for all the negative results. How about some positive results. My son who just turned 18 today has drawn 2 rifle antelope tags in 7 years. Just goes to show you the luck of the draw.

The two rifle antelope tags in 7 years is really lucky!! My brother drew rifle lope last year with 13 points, so I'm hoping for my first tag in the near future. I think all my luck goes towards drawing elk tags. I've drawn bull elk tags the last three years so I can't complain.

I just checked my card and found out I drew a strip antelope tag. Was not expecting that. I drew 13A for deer two years ago, saw a few, and a few dandies, I guess we shall see.
If you don't apply you will never draw, 2 points, non-res.

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom