AZ permits?

backpacker

Just had a quick question about obtaining bonus pts for elk/antelope- Does AZ have a pts only option? I've already bought a license and was wondering if I have to submit the entire tag fees if I just want pts this year. The regs read to me like I just have to buy the license, then just submit $7.50 per species by the beginning of Feb. Thanks.

Yes, they do have that option. See your Game regs and it'll be at the top of each species.

Scott G

Print out the form and if I am reading it correctly 2000 is the number for the antelope point and 3000 is for teh elk point. You need a seperate envelope for each and a seperate check.

Look at the reg's online, don't just take my word for it, it is important.

I think many non-res. will do pt's only this time around. No matter what you may hear from the az. fish and game.

Logan

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-08 AT 01:26PM (MST)[p]Thanks- I'll check to make sure but that's what I thought. I'm doing the points only because I figure I don't have near enough points to draw.

BACKPACKER, SUBMITT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE....TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ERROR CORRECTION PERIOD UP UNTIL JAN. 25TH. I THINK THE DEADLINE FOR ELK & LOPE IS FEB. 12TH....YD.

Have everyones checks cashed?

One of my buddies called today because his antelope check cashed and his elk had not.

Not a good situation and he called and they said that not all had been processed.

What is distressing is that his arrived or should have arrived before the Feb. 25 grace period, substantially before.

This system should be changed.

At least always send your applications with delivery confirmation, at a minimum and signature if possible on delivery.

Logan

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-08 AT 07:30AM (MST)[p]the game and fish get a ton of apps and a ton of checks. it takes a little bit of time to process everything, especially if they want to get it right. i'd rather them take their time and get everything right then rush through it and mess a bunch of stuff up. tell him to have a little patience, the G&F will take his money.

No way. Things need to be done now. I want my checked cashed the day I drop it off. Then, after the 7:00pm deadline tonight, I want to know exactly when, what day and time results will be posted. Then I want to know exactly what day my refund will be mailed, and what day it will arrive at my house. After 7:00pm tonight, and until the tag or check is in my hand, I will come onto these websites and b!tch and moan about how slow G&F is, how they need to get a better system, how they need to stop making money off my money, etc.

It's Bush's fault!!!

"One of my buddies called today because his antelope check cashed and his elk had not."

Could it be they separate the two?

It's Bush's fault!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-08 AT 11:48AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-08 AT 11:46?AM (MST)

Well. My post above should say Jan. 25th, not Feb. 25th.

If the check arrived before the date they said they would call you if something is incorrect, how would you/they know if there was a problem if they haven't opened your envelope and it is the day before the draw.

I am not saying we should have instant results, what I am saying is, given the importance of the bonus point and the loyalty point system. Given the years and money put into the system. That there is a problem!!

How does he know if the mailed application got to the game and fish?

Answer, he doesn't.

If you think it is ok, I think your off. Scremin, your name is very fitting.

I happen to appreciate Arizona Game and Fish. However, if I was in my buddys shoes, I wouldn't be very happy.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-08 AT 12:13PM (MST)[p]Why? Just because they didn't call him? How do you know if they didn't find a mistake? If they did, they would have called. They are dealing with thousands of checks. Not just a coupld hundred. It takes time. Just because they haven't cashed the check does not mean they didn't open it. I bet your buddy will be the first b!tching about refunds too.

It's Bush's fault!!!

He called them. He was told they have not opened them yet. He was also told there is no way to know if his application was received.

It is not about the money.

Do you have anything constructive to say?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say nothing is wrong. when you find out something is wrong then complain. i sent my apps in long ago, have they cashed my checks? no. am i worried? no. if the G&F recieved the apps by january 25th, they opened those envelopes and checked it all over. if there was something wrong they notified the hunter of the error and gave him/her a chance to fix it. sounds to me that everything with your buddy is just normal AZGFD procedure. best of luck in the draw.

Odds are also very good they cannot/will not track down and find out if his application was opened or not.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I just found out they cashed my check for my elk and license fee yesterday.
Thats good news now if I can just get lucky and not have them send me a elk re-fund back.It will take some luck with only 11 points for archery elk UNIT 3 A/C.
Now for the long wait but at least they have changed draw dates so we can find out earlier now.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom