AZ Strip 13b Hunters

AZMIGHTYMULIES

Tomoro will hopefully start off w/ a Big Bang for some of ya ! Weather has been perfect and should maintain for a whole week . Wish ya all the best of luck . I will be heading out there tomoro myself and hope to see many of ya out there , hopefully w/ a filled tag and Monster AZ Strip Muley !!
Mike Foote

The hunt started this morning, I doubt many of them are going to wait until tomorrow. At least I know I wouldn't.

Wow, todays the freaking 8th, my bad !! lol . Well , regardless , I have to wait until tomoro , getting my Truck's suspension lift completed today , was suppose to be done by this past Tuesday . stressing me out . still, wish everyone luck . will be dropping in on a butch of Guys/Guides tomoro.

Yep ought to be a good hunt.

First time in the last five years I'm not there for the opener.

Oh well, headed off to Unit 13A, got a pair of hunters there so will still be looking for big bucks this year.

Good luck to all those that have tags, and those that called and I gave some info too, check those areas out!

You might just get lucky!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Come on now! We want updates! Any big guys make it through the archery? You can still sell your monster buck picks to a magazine or movie outfit even though you posted it here, happens all the time!

I got a text yesterday and here is what it says. "Where are all the bucks in 13B?"

Hmm, I got to believe some whoppers have hit the dirt, they just haven't got posted.

Oh well, good luck to all those out there!

Don't give up and give in and shoot a little buck!

Big boys are there and each day as the rut gets a little closer might get a little better, especially the last day or so.

I may be wrong, but I bet about 50% of those out there will not be happy when this hunt is over.

Nothing new, happens every year.

Look at the historical harvest up and how many really BIG bucks are taken each year. Small percentage, 10-15% are boomers.

Everyone thinks there are giants in every clearing, but that's not the case.

No doubt in my mind some HUGE deer will show up on this and other sites.

It is the ones you will never see anywhere or hear about that always intrigues me....

Lot more than you would believe..

Don Martin

Just like a 208" to 213" Typical that is by Sullivan Tank , it was close to 190" last year and blew up this year , w/ a Giant Non Typical that is w/ it and a crazy big Cactus Buck just a couple miles away from there . I have informed an Outfitter of a 230-240" Non typical , and yet to my knowledge , they have yet to even attempt to look there still , to this date . So be it .

>Just like a 208" to 213"
>Typical that is by Sullivan
>Tank , it was close
>to 190" last year and
>blew up this year ,
>w/ a Giant Non Typical
>that is w/ it and
>a crazy big Cactus Buck
>just a couple miles away
>from there . I have
>informed an Outfitter of a
>230-240" Non typical , and
>yet to my knowledge ,
>they have yet to even
>attempt to look there still
>, to this date .
>So be it .

mighty mulies. i have sent you many a message inquiring about bucks in 13a. maybe 13a is not 13b but there still should be some bucks to be had that are worthy of a strip tag on their rack. anyways, pm me if you want. i am always interested in knowing where a big buck might be hanging out. c mon' i have the tag and bags are packed. thanks.

billythekid, you are funny man, "hurry up and tell me where I can go kill a big buck because I didn't scout!!" Lol.

billythekid : I've received a couple pm's from individual tag holders , but I do not see a single message from ya . But I will pm ya and give ya a couple ideas .

>ha ha az. you're even
>funnier. you have no
>idea....

So give us an idea then billy if my understanding is off, it seems pretty clear lol.
AZMighty Mulies is one of the most generous with his info than anyone I have ever seen though, so you picked the right guy to beg.

Just learned that Both Bucks I had mentioned , were just Harvested . The Typical apparently scored 206" and the Non Typical , well 260" supposedly . IMO , I still think it is only a 235 to 243" Buck according to pics , Harvested by Travis's team .

I've talked to the hunter who tagged the 260 in. buck. Have seen pics of both too (non-typical sure looks bigger than a 240 in. deer). Governor's Tag quality for sure ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

There you go!!!

Big bucks coming in!

Congrats to those that got 'em!

I saw picture today of a hunter whose dad lives in Kingman who is with a big 4 X 4 typical with great fronts and backs!

Now how about the other 70 or so hunters....

Wonder how they are doing?

Oh well off to 13A.

Don Martin

azdezrthuntr: How is this Thread worthless when I initiated this Thread last week telling all AZ Strip Hunter's farewell and Good luck on there Hunts ? this thread wasn't initially meant to have pics , members have just added to it as they wish which is fine . I'm sure someone will initiate another Thread w/ pics .

Billy, if thats your buck Congrats! Matt sent me a pick and that is a GIANT! In my opinion the most impressive buck to come off the strip rifle hunts so far. Congrats to you and the AZ Strip Bucks crew!

>Billy, if thats your buck Congrats!
>Matt sent me a pick
>and that is a GIANT!
>In my opinion the most
>impressive buck to come off
>the strip rifle hunts so
>far. Congrats to you and
>the AZ Strip Bucks crew!
>

Uhm, I have a PM from a "billythekid" that states:

"i am sure you have probably heard of mossback. both their last two videos have az. archery bulls from unit 9. one of them is my bull from 2007 which scored 410" and another from 2008 which scored 395". both are amazing hunts. i work with mossback az. along with my brother chad and best friend and hunting partner jay.

thanks,

shane rhoton"

I may have the wrong "billythekid."

I don't know the affiliation with mossback. Shane definitely killed a monster muley with Matt Schimberg of az strip bucks, it is an incredible deer.

thanks matt schimberg and team, jordan, justin, colby, brothers, and dad for making it possible to harvest this magnificent muley.

Great job shane on another dream buck. Also great job to arizona strip bucks for all their efforts to find such a specimen. i know who i'm going to use as my guide for the az strip tag i get next. Never used a guide in the past but there's a first for everything and i want to hunt with matt once up there.

billythekid , (Shane) . I find it very comical that just days prior to your 13a Hunt , you posted directly on top this thread and Via Email , you trying to obtain information from me on where to hunt , yet , you had already Booked a Guided Hunt w/ someone else . You're the 3rd person this year that has done that this year alone . First I find that to be shady , to me , but it also displays disrespect and lack of trust to your own Guide . Another person , Emails me asking for help and says , " I've already invested 5k during the 11 days scouting so I can't pay you anything, but if you can help w/ some info would be appreciated". I then find out later, ya, He invests 5k into a Fully Guided Hunt w/ somebody . lol same story w/ a third individual/Hunter . And it has happened in the couple years past.
I do not mind providing Free info and helping another out to see them succeed on there hunt as I have w/ a few this year . But my advise is , if you have Booked a Guided Hunt w/ another Outfitter , do not bother asking me for help , show your Guide the Integrity they deserve .
I do know the Units 13a and 13b just as well if not, very likely better than the most of the popular Guides out there after 22 years (1992) going out there. Going out there has been a passion , thats all ,not about Business and making $$$ . And I'm not out there trying to compete w/ the Guides out there or take away Business from them . They are all great Guides and people and are equally knowledgable IMO . But in 2011 , the AZG&F received a complaint from one of the Guides "Saying I was taking away Business as a unlicensed Guide and likely pocketing a few thousand dollars", which was very far fetched in there assumptions and not the truth . So, due to there "Concern" I will have a License again next year , but will not be doing Guided Hunts . Too much competition as is .
But Shane , congrats in harvesting a awesome Buck , I've been trying to find that Bucks 2011 sheds for a long time , but that Buck covers a very huge area . 2011 it was about a 225" Buck , last year , maybe 185" and then of course this year .... lol . Amazing to watch those AZ Strip Bucks progress w/ age .

mike, sorry you feel that way. with so much knowledge of the strip, you should know that their is no way possible to cover every square inch of the playground. it's virtually impossible. in addition to this tag being an absolute OIL opportunity at a giant deer it is prudent for one to ask or use all resources to obtain information related to the harvesting a giant buck. this in no way shows disrespect for the guide, but only respect for the vastness of what is known as the Az Strip and the mulies that inhabit it. i can not speak to the complaints you have had with the azgfd. that is silly to me. if anyone draws this tag in the future i would highly recommend a guide if financially possible in addition to any information you can get of a public forum, friends, and or hunting fool members. this is the best way to insure you maximize your chance at a trophy of a lifetime. i am not the only one nor the last that has drawn a coveted tag, hired a very reputable guide, and asked vague questions such as hunt expectations, horn growth, top end bucks/bulls, etc. on this forum or other public forms. FYI, the information you shared was very bland and lacked any specifics that would provide the necessary components to harvest a big buck. recommending generalized hunt areas does nothing as anyone with any knowledge of the strip knows these bucks require specific and detailed attention to get it done. the buck matt led me to was in a very popular area as MOST giant strip deer are. Matt was the surgeon behind this operation, along with many key guides and or friends that spotted for days prior to and during the hunt. thanks, shane

Shane, I'm not upset by any means , I was virtually getting to the point that for Future Referrence, and this applies to everybody , if you have Booked a Hunt w/ an Outfitter , confide in them and please do not ask me for help . Because I do help DIY Hunters , but only a few DIY Hunters . So if I'm thinking you're a DIY Hunter (when in actuallity you are not) I may not provide info to the next Guy who really is a DIY Hunter .
FYI , most the Guides collaborate w/ each , sharing helping each other out . Between Tory Brock and Matt , they likely have 300 Cameras out there , pretty much got the area pegged . lol .
And I do not recall providing you any info . A couple people I did , provided Maps everything neccessary for Free ...
But Congrats once again in likely the awesomest 13a Buck that will likely be Harvested this year !! There are a couple other Giants on 13a , but I've yet to see anything harvested on the others that are eluding Hunters ;)
If I find the sheds off your Buck from 2011, I'll be sure to let ya know .

1685a67:26.jpg

Here is a pic of the Buck from 2011 . 2012 , the Buck was dwarfed by drought and was significantly smaller than it was in 2011 . 2013 , well , I'll leave it to the Hunter to post up pics .

to bad mike, i have tc pics of my buck for the last four years and your pic is not him. albeit a great deer, it's not my buck. shane

Congrats on a GIANT Shane! PM Sent.

I hunted this buck with AZSB nearly the entire archery season - definitely a different deer than posted above. They worked as hard as anyone could to try and get me a shot at him, definitely a class act guide service. Unfortunately all the rain we had made it extremely tough during archery season.

I found his right side shed from last year, wanting to hear from anyone who might have the left to complete the set.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-13 AT 07:06PM (MST)[p]Congrats Shane, that's a buck of too many lifetimes!!!

With this weather there might be some great bucks coming out of 13A in the next couple days!

Tyler (AZ4life)
That youtube video is very disturbing.
Just amazes me how someone can hit and lose a buck like that and just brush it off and kill another giant. I guess it is all about getting your picture taken, and bragging rights

Bill

It is disturbing how they treat the incident. They don't even discuss looking for it?? Any wounded animal should be found and put down as quickly as possible, plus if it was as big as they say it is, why wouldn't they have searched for it for the rest of the hunt??

i'd bed he never killed that first buck. He was clearly shot in the backstraps. Stunned him a bit, but he was probly chasing does the next day.

I deer hit there probably wouldn't even leave a blood trail.

azstrip for life, he escaped my best efforts and lived to see another yr. and another hunter. the yr. after my hunt he met his fate with one of mossbacks rifle hunters. he was even bigger than he was when in my scope. if you've never wounded an animal or made an honest mistake hunting that you haven't spent enough time hunting. good luck on your hunts and pm me if you have any other questions. i would be more than happy to fill you in. shane

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom