B-zone

Woke710

I’ve always hunted xzones with my grandpa and now he’s getting too old to hunt and trying to venture out like he did when he was younger any tips pointers on where to go?

Deer are everywhere you don’t wana be haha! Pray from a snow up high.

Lots of roads through there that get you close to the crest of the costal range, and more into the pure Blacktails. Deer a pretty used to the pressure and hold up in thick nasty.

Deer are everywhere you don’t wana be haha! Pray from a snow up high.

Lots of roads through there that get you close to the crest of the costal range, and more into the pure Blacktails. Deer a pretty used to the pressure and hold up in thick nasty.
Thank you I appreciate you! I’m more Redding area hayfork? So you’re saying make my way up to Yreka and get into some deer up that way?

my experience in the b zones is in B3/southern B5 so I’m unfamiliar with anything other then right around that zone. Lots of terrain up that way. If I hunted it again I’d hunt up in B2 just cause I’m not familiar or over in B1 in the more coastal areas

Lots of logging up and down that zone so the deer are used to the noise

The higher and deeper is going to be your best bet. I would find an area that is high where you can use your glass to do all the walking. Spend the first 3 hours in the morning glassing. Have a good spotter with you to help with a closer look. If you are finding fresh sign in an area the deer are there.Patients is the key. Once you find an area learn it and the more successful you will become. Trinity Mountains, Marble Mountains and YB are all good wilderness areas to hunt. Don't be afraid of getting off the trails. Most will stay close to trails or the roads.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom