Back door Goat Posted - Did I draw???

SDBugler

Very Active Member
Check the back door method this morning.
Says "2011 - 567 NON RES MOUNTAIN GOAT".

Does this mean I drew? I thought in the past that a 500 series number meant successful.

You drew, congrats.

When you mail in your app for a particular species (as is required for all NR applying for MtGoat/Sheep/Moose in CO) there'll never be an entry of any kind for that species in your "Products On File" area on-line, unless you draw a tag.

Sticksender

Thanks - that's what I thought. I got very lucky then, and drew with only 2 points. that means no NR's with 3 points applied for this tag. My strategy was to apply for the lowest demand unit just in case that happened. I think in 2008 unit 15 had no NR applicants and it got drawn as a second choice.

I'm not going to celebrate until I get better confirmation though.

My strategy paid off. I called the CDOW. They confirmed that I now have zero goat points. I beat the odds and drew with only 2 points!!! I don't have a copy of my application, but I think I applied for G-17 second season as my first choice. Not the best unit in the state but at least I get to chase the white goats!!!!

Now I'm hoping that my dad and I don't draw our unit 76 archery elk tags. With 9 points we probably have a 50% chance.

SD,
I need to start hanging around you so your luck will rub off. Congrats man, good things happen to good people!

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Thanks Teryn
I checked the CDOW website and it's official - "G-E-G17-02".
I am still in shock that I drew with only 2 points. I hope to make the best of this great opportunity.

Had that tag the first year it opened - it's really not a bad tag at all. There are some decent goats in there but you got your work cut out for ya. PM me and I'll give you a few recommendations.

go in to cdow and fill out info to buy a stamp and it will show you everything you have purchased before for the year. It will say nr elk app 481 or 581.. for elk 581 means you got the tag-Hatrick

Justin, That is just your application designation number ... too soon for deer. Deer draw is after elk-Hatrick

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom