Back door method .ITS WORKING

• Thread starter Bonecollectorofroswell
  • Start date
I' hope it is a good sign also. You have t o have a authorisation number for elk and antalope.Guess we'll have to wait for them.

>I' hope it is a good
>sign also. You have t
>o have a authorisation number
>for elk and antalope.Guess we'll
>have to wait for them.
>

What does this mean?

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

>at what point did it tell
>you that? after or before
>you put in your
> credit card info to
>buy?

Before, right after hitting the add to cart button.

Well it appears I have drawn deer... However, if this is correct I am gonna be pissed I have not drawn barbs in 3 years... 600 tags and still! Damn it! Hope elk and goats are better!

>Question for the people who have
>drawn deer tags. What
>weapon did you draw for?
> Rifle, bow, muzz?

It looks like I didn't draw and I put in for bow. My buddy looks like he drew rifle though.

If nobody is getting email notifications then I would say no.. In the past years of "backdoor" nothing was updated on the site until the day after email notifications.

>It's letting me buy a game
>license, which it wouldn't do
>if I drew Elk so
>it appears I struck out.

Uh oh. Same for me. Seems like this would be a valid way to check.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-14 AT 06:23AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-14 AT 06:15?AM (MST)

Ok so I clicked on the tab for private elk and antelope tags. Its asking me for ranch and authorization numbers. Does that mean I didnt draw elk? How are you guys finding out for barbary?

>For those of you seeing this,
>does it state under purchases
>on file.... a given hunt
>code and status "sold"?

No. U have to go to general license sale and click purchase deer license, then click add to cart. When you try to add to cart IF you have drawn it will say. Can not add deer license to cart you already contain one or something like that.

Did it for deer for me but not for barbs. So guessing no barbs?

I'm confused.
All I can seem to see is I bought a hunting &fishing lic, ,and have paid for elk and deer,pending. All choices listed.
Logged in to see about buying another tag.Deadline is over so only tags to buy or apply for is LO tag and I get into system. It asks for Auth # & Ranch #.... doesn't mean anything since draw hasn't taken place and it would have to have taken place to let me know if I was eligible to purchase one. Wouldn't it then reject me if I did draw?
I'm confused and will wait, I do have back-up plan.....tic-toc.

looks like for elk you will need an authorization number and ranch number from a rancher.

Deer and Oryx for me, no Ibex though..

Well I know im skunked on deer and barbary sheep this year. Now im still curious about the elk. Part of me thinks that if you draw a Elk tag than it would not even indicate the option to put in ranch and auth codes. However, looking thru these threads all im seeing is people knowing about deer and barbary, no elk or antelope. So I guess we dont have a way to access those?

Says I need a hunting license to make my purchase - so apparently the state refunded my license I bought before the draw for deer and elk. I am out for New Mexico if this is correct.

My son is still in though - so I have hope.

Not sure if they have drawn elk and ibex yet. For those of you that have drawn deer and sheep, have you checked to see if you can still buy a general hunting license?
I would think if you drew any tag, then it would immediately issue the general license. Am I correct?

Just curious - I added to items to the cart and it says something like invalid choice does that mean I might have drawn?Thanks

It will say customer already has a tag. I'm not sure why it says invalid? We drew deer for sure. No Barbary or ibex or oryx. We will have to wait and see on antelope, elk and sheep! Good Luck everyone!

With my luck I know the answer but still hopeful!I was hoping to find out before Nevadas deadline as I have enough points to be dangerous for a few critters.

So who has an elk or antelope authorization number? It would be nice to be able to check those.

>For those of you seeing this,
>does it state under purchases
>on file.... a given hunt
>code and status "sold"?

This is what I am seeing. If this is correct, I will be bow hunting the Caldera this year.

The only way to check elk is if you elected for a refund on the license, if you drew you shouldn't be able to buy one. That method isn't verified .....

Someone who opted for a refund but drew one of the other species will need to try to buy a big game license and let us know if the system issued that license.

Okay guys I have a question. When you try to purchase a elk private license tag it takes you to the page for an Authorization # and a Ranch Code.

Is there ANYONE who applied for elk who cannot get to that screen? If so, I would say that means you drew an elk tag and cannot attempt to purchase.

im trying to figure out if that is an accurate method.

I personally am able to get to the screen to enter an Auth Code and Ranch Code, so Im trying to figure out if i didnt draw OR if the system would boot me out AFTER entering that code.

Lets see what everyone else experiences when trying this.

Also, I tried to purchase a Game Hunting License last night and it allowed me to add it to the shopping cart and I got all the way to the credit card screen.

I tried to do it this morning and it said that I had already purchased a Game Hunting License and that I could not add it to the cart. My cart was empty at the time, I had removed everything from there.

Curious if that means I drew my elk tag? I ONLY applied for elk so if I did get a license it would only be for elk.

pilgrim?"

I selected a refund on my license for my son and I. If I try and buy a deer tag - it shows I need to buy a license. My license has been refunded in the system - so I did not draw deer or elk.

My son can go to the deer purchase and it does not pop up with the "buy a license". He did not draw deer b/c it allows the purchase of a deer tag - but hopefully an elk tag since his license has not been refunded.

How you you know if your game license is refunded? I went and looked and it dose not say that it has been refunded but it is letting me put a license in my cart?

You had to buy a license to apply. If you elected for a refund and didn't draw the system will let you buy one because you no longer have one. The only way this method will not work, is if the system will allow you to buy 2 big game licenses.

UtahMountainMan,
It's doing all those same things for me. I only applied for elk.

I don't believe any of it.... it was wrong for me last year. Waiting till, I am hoping, Tuesday evening for the e-mails to start going out.

Your order includes conflicting product selections:

Conflicts with existing purchases

Selected Product Purchased Product
Game Hunting License Game Hunting License

This is what I get with my sons when I try to buy game hunting license. Doesn't happen with mine. I guess he drew a tag?

>I don't believe any of it....
>it was wrong for me
>last year. Waiting till, I
>am hoping, Tuesday evening for
>the e-mails to start going
>out.

how was it wrong? i need hope

>Your order includes conflicting product selections:
>
>
>
>
>Conflicts with existing purchases
>
>Selected Product Purchased Product
>Game Hunting License Game Hunting
>License
>
>This is what I get with
>my sons when I try
>to buy game hunting license.
>Doesn't happen with mine. I
>guess he drew a tag?
>

Junior what did u 2 apply for?
pilgrim?"

>>I don't believe any of it....
>>it was wrong for me
>>last year. Waiting till, I
>>am hoping, Tuesday evening for
>>the e-mails to start going
>>out.
>
>
>how was it wrong? i
>need hope

Me and my BIL tried all this last year and didn't look like we drew deer... Till the e-mails came out and we did draw deer. All I saying is I wouldn't trust this backdoor 100%.

Never mind I forgot to clear cart from last time I tried.

BTW it was going to let me buy a license yesterday if I remember right?.

Yes... I had tried to buy license yesterday just checking, but had forgot to clear my sons cart.

Dam got all excited for nothing, should of knew better.

Right you are Bob! I really want to see my oldest son get a tag his senior year of school. He has my luck with tags so far.

Well, I just tried to buy a license and it wouldn't let me saying I already have one. I only put in for elk and deer, so hopefully that means I drew something.

I just checked for me and a friend, both NRs. I put in for elk and pronghorn. It let me go through the process and add a license to my cart.

I logged in with the information he provided me over the phone and he could not buy a NR license. He only applied for pronghorn. If I had to guess, he drew a non-resident pronghorn tag and I drew nothing.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

>I just checked for me and
>a friend, both NRs.
>I put in for elk
>and pronghorn. It let
>me go through the process
>and add a license to
>my cart.
>
>I logged in with the information
>he provided me over the
>phone and he could not
>buy a NR license.
>He only applied for pronghorn.
> If I had to
>guess, he drew a non-resident
>pronghorn tag and I drew
>nothing.
>
>"Hunt when you can - You're
>gonna' run out of health
>before you run out of
>money!"

Not positive but believe it only works for deer and exotics? Anyone able to confirm that?

>>I just checked for me and
>>a friend, both NRs.
>>I put in for elk
>>and pronghorn. It let
>>me go through the process
>>and add a license to
>>my cart.
>>
>>I logged in with the information
>>he provided me over the
>>phone and he could not
>>buy a NR license.
>>He only applied for pronghorn.
>> If I had to
>>guess, he drew a non-resident
>>pronghorn tag and I drew
>>nothing.
>>
>>"Hunt when you can - You're
>>gonna' run out of health
>>before you run out of
>>money!"
>
>
>Not positive but believe it only
>works for deer and exotics?
>Anyone able to confirm that?
>

I believe Bigfin is talking about trying to buy a General Hunting License, not a specific tag. Under Bigfin's method, you would know if you drew at least one tag. In his buddy's case it would be antelope since he only applied for goats. I hope he's right.

Well, it let me get a deer tag to my cart, so I guess that means I didn't draw deer. However, it wont let me buy a hunting license, so I assume that is good news for elk. That would be exciting, as I wasn't expecting to draw.

I am a NR and I only applied for elk.

Yesterday at about 6pm I logged in and tried to buy a Game Hunting License for $65. It let me add it to the cart.

Today, I have tried a few times (my cart is and has been empty) to add a Game Hunting License.

I now get a message that says "One or more of the products selected has already been purchased, or conflicts with a product that has already been purchased."

Who knows that means, but since it let me do it last night and not today I am hoping it means that I drew for elk.

pilgrim?"

I'll just keep on picking up antlers with my Wife until G&F lets me know. It's nice to have more to live for than the draw. :)

I tried to buy a hunting license and it tells me
One or more of the products selected is already in your shopping cart, or conflicts with a product that is already in your cart.
Is this a good sign?

>Make sure your cart is empty
>before you try to add
>a license to your cart.

Ya you can close out your browser but if you have something in the cart, it will stay there.

I was just curious If this also pertain to the youth hunters. I have seen some posts and only a couple had youth hunters. I don't know if that is separate or not. I can go buy the private deer license for them.....we drew a deer tag but don't know which. Any parents out there that have the same problem?

So I logged in last night around 10 pm. It would let me put license and deer or barbary in the cart. Now tonight it won't let me try to purchase a license (i made sure not in the cart)! It will let me purchase a deer, barbary, ibex or a private land oryx, so I guess that means I drew elk or sheep?? thrilled with either.

My son it will allow to purchase anything. Bummed for him :( Or maybe draw is still happening as it changed from yesterday to today for me!

Can't wait till results are out to confirm!!!

I tried to purchase private land wlk/antelope and it will pull up to enter auth code. So I don't think that is a way to check. On my sons, who likely hasn't drawn, it prompts to buy general license first, but then allows option to enter auth code.

GoforBroke- I have in the situation for the my boys(youth hunters). Im allowed to buy a private deer license...I don't know if the youth draw is still going on.

It won't let me buy a deer tag for my son.I wish we knew about elk and speed goat.

The draw must be in progress. Checked all 9 of my families apps this morning and was able to purchase a game license for all. Tonight it wont allow me to purchase a game license for two of them. And i did clear the carts

This is what I got....Private Land-only Deer License - Customer already has Deer

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

I applied for Barbary, Deer, and Elk. It will not let me buy a game license because it says it conflicts with an existing order (I asked for refund if unsuccessful), but will let me buy a Statewide Barbary and a Private-Land Deer tag.

Does this mean I drew elk?

Grizzly

I applied for deer, elk, and BHS. It let's me add everything to my cart. Bummer.

Hope you guys are correct, if so my Dad, my wife, and I will all be hunting deer this year. I just wish I knew which hunt it is!

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

I forgot that new mexico doesn't want my money and application for sheep any more. Seeing how there is no ram tags this year, that means I only could have drawn elk. Excited for elk! put in for 1st rifle in the 16 units. Never been there.

I only applied for elk & selected a refund of the hunting license fee. When I try to buy a hunting license now I get conflicts with a prior purchase. So now I am getting excited. :D

>I was just curious If this
>also pertain to the youth
>hunters. I have seen some
>posts and only a couple
>had youth hunters. I don't
>know if that is separate
>or not. I can go
>buy the private deer license
>for them.....we drew a deer
>tag but don't know which.
>Any parents out there that
>have the same problem?

I had two youth apply. They applied together for deer - but not for other species. One can buy a license and one says he already has one purchased. So either the one with the license drew another species - or draw not complete for all species.

yesterday i couldn't buy a barbary tag. it said that i had one already. toady it lets me buy one. don't think this back door stuff really works

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-14 AT 03:11PM (MST)[p]>yesterday i couldn't buy a barbary
>tag. it said that i
>had one already. today it
>lets me buy one. don't
>think this back door stuff
>really works

Same here. And my cart was empty on all occasions. I put no faith in this back door method.

Not sure any of the backdoor methods are correct because the deadline was yesterday to change app info, plus some are showing different results after checking multiple times. So how many of us out there have the same results as last year on the apps submitted, same as last year for ME. Plus it just Might be a State Holiday and I Guarantee there will be no work on a Holiday.

I checked yesterday AM for Ibex. Showed I could buy an off Mountain tag. Still the same today.

Checked my wife's Oryx app yesterday as well. Showed she already had the license.....and TODAY it shows the same thing and that she was CHARGED for her Game Licenses and Stamps. I'm thinking this is another good sign......

Jim, does the oryx show at the bottom of your wife's account page under "once in a lifetime", assuming she applied for premier hunts?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-14 AT 03:44PM (MST)[p]>Can we come up with another
>term besides backdoor method?

Yes, I totally agree.

How about doggie style method?

I second that none of this is correct. It wasn't correct last year for me. Interested to know, after draw results officially come out, what % of you this reardoor thingy was correct for.

I'm sure MOST of us enjoy the occasional back door... LOL but the results will be out in a few more days....I'm gona just wait and cross my fingers... for both the back door and the draw results...
Jack

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom