Back From The Taxidermist

Zim

Very Active Member
Just got back from the taxidermist with my 2006 buck. Since I took him in October he got in line before most the other deer came in. Took a photo while I was still there. I think he came out pretty nice. He is my biggest deer to date. Got him on public land here in Illinois. Des Plaines Conservation Area. There was nobody else hunting there. I saw two other big bucks that week.

If any of you others got your's back please post a photo.

45f1944457231d76.jpg

Thats a stud(the deer lol) ! Nice mount , but congrats on a great deer!That buck has mass galore eh....Thanks for sharing it..

that is a helluva nice whitey!! i would love to shoot one like that someday. what does he score?

BuckNut270

You hanging that 'fake' rack in your house? LOL

I love the Jordan buck. IMO the prettiest WT of all time!

Congrats Ken!

One word - "Wow!"

Quite a year you had in 2006.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

holy $h*t that is a freakin monster!! both of your bucks are gorgeous. good one.

BuckNut270

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-07 AT 05:45AM (MST)[p]LOOK FAMILIAR ZIM?
>>>

LW_R18133_P.jpg

243 3/8 Non-Typical
Nicknamed the "Crab Claw Buck" for obvious reasons, this 1980 Ohio brute has spectacular brow tines in addition to its truly unique antler tips.

Each Legendary Replica casting is molded from the original antlers and is hand painted by world renowned artist Tom Sexton. Antlers arrive ready for your taxidermist, complete with limited edition Authenticity Medallion and a signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity

LW_R18143_P.jpg

206 1/8 Typical
The legend of all legends, scoring #2 Typical of all time, the massive Jordan buck from Danbury, Wisconsin, held the world record for 80 years. Taken back in 1914, the Jordan is the World Record 5x5.

Each Legendary Replica casting is molded from the original antlers and is hand painted by the world renowned Tom Sexton. Antlers arrive ready for your taxidermist, complete with limited edition Authenticity Medallion and a signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity.

Those bucks do have some similarites. Possibly shared genetics. I was surprised there were no other hunters since the parking area was right off a major highway. I hiked only about 200 yards south along the road and was ground hunting when the first one came through. He dodged a semi crossing the road and walked right up to me. 20 yard shot. The second one was a bit tougher. I stalked him in a standing cornfield.

Got me wondering now, that crab buck looks ALOT ,I mean alot like Zims. Any field photos of the deer down?Zim did you kill that buck in the 80s' and the top buck this past year and you meant it would be hard to top them in 07?

OK now I looked both deer over , thats the Jordon Buck on top too. Whats the deal ZIM???? Just comes across real bad , telling this story, claming another mans accomplishments as yours.Bunch of BULL SCHIT!

They are the same buck...........same taxi pose also with the same ears, etc. just missing the wood back.
Zim, you are a liar.........not what we need in this day and age. Care to come clean yet......we weren't born yesterday.

Lien2

Zim has alot of posts , just don't understand the BS.I don't think or expect him to come back and come clean on this one, he may come back but under a different name.Thats too bad , because it will always be a negative deal as long as he was to post onto a thread.I've said it before here , a thief and a liar are one in the same, a thief , well he 'll steal from you and a liar believes his own lies.A mans word should mean something !

well damn. that is just a bunch of BS. why would you claim someone elses buck as your own??? especially with the MM crew. you know these guys were goona bust ya sooner or later!! whats up?

BuckNut270

It's called cabin fever. Gotta entertain everyone somehow! I had the unusual circumstance to be able to hold both these famous racks in my own hands 2 years ago at Bass Pro Shop. They are not replicas. They are the real deals. I am always amazed how many people check them out and hit me with 160" & 170" guesses. Ha!

Well Zim you proved me wrong by coming back.
I do believe I speak for many here, but that kind of entertainment is really not wanted.Had no one questioned you ,I believe you would have let us think those bucks were yours.Do you feel embaressed?? You should, now I think your a liar. Atleast I'll always question your word. I do realize it doesn't matter to you either , I mean who am I to you? But as a man, you have to look at yourself in the mirror. Enough of the therapy now, have a good one....

>Well Zim you proved me wrong
>by coming back.
>I do believe I speak for
>many here, but that kind
>of entertainment is really not
>wanted.Had no one questioned you
>,I believe you would have
>let us think those bucks
>were yours.Do you feel embaressed??
>You should, now I think
>your a liar. Atleast I'll
>always question your word. I
>do realize it doesn't matter
>to you either , I
>mean who am I to
>you? But as a man,
>you have to look at
>yourself in the mirror. Enough
>of the therapy now, have
>a good one....

Are you friggn serious? The guy made a joke and you weren't smart enough to catch it so you call him a liar? You need to get back on your meds...

What if someone posted a picture with the Burris buck and made up some bs story would you automatically belive him too??? What about if a guy posted a picture of his 'wife' Britny Spears? Would you believe that too?

Hard to believe that any 'hunter' wouldn't recognize probably the most famous deer ever killed...

HA! Jokes on you NMHUNTNUTT1, you gotta get out more man, and lighten up. I thought it was hilarious, I love that kind of stuff. Good one Zim!

Yeah well I didn't recognize the most famous buck, but others did and still a BS story of a hunt was written.Also if this Burris Buck was posted in this same manner I'd call that joker a liar too.I'm not up to date with all the Titled deer and elk, so does that make me less of a hunter than lets say you? You can go ahead and make that call . The way Zim started the whole thread, Back from the Taxi, I went in to see his mount, commented on it and then this outcome. Again my above post , said , had no one questioned him , he would have let his story be left for us to believe they were his. Zim doesn't need an attorney over this , his word won't mean much to me.You can stand on your soap box all you want , call me dumb(remember I'm not smart enough)but atleast My word stands for something...Take care...

Anyone can say "Oh it was just a joke, ha ha" AFTER they get caught. I don't think Zim had any intentions of coming clean at the start of this...........cabin fever my @ss.

Lien2

I think Zim posted this in good nature. I have e-mailed back and forth with him and he's a very knowledgeable hunter. He undoubtedly knows that the Jordan buck would be recognized by avid hunters. He even states where he shot the Jordan (I mean his) buck in the original post. That should have been a tip off. If anyone had a public hunting spot in the east to produce a huge whitetail like that he wouldn't have posted the location. I can understand that some thought he was "trying to throw one by us" but I really don't think so.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-07 AT 11:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-07 AT 11:16 PM (MST)

April's fool day is 2 weeks away and if I'd waited I'd had been figured out in one post.

I posted these pics last year on Bowsite & Huntingnet & everyone got a kick out of it. I was thrilled to get to handle the authentic Jordan buck and wanted to show off my photo!

45f7848e17102dcd.jpg

Forgot to mention I did end up getting that 3rd buck last year. He's the one in the middle.

Sorry, not funny. And people make fun of the "MM police" on here. When somebody does shoot a monster, we can't believe them.
Good job Hunter Harry!

LAST EDITED ON May-10-07 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]I was unaware that Tom Sexton made reproductions. He is most known for his fish work! This must be a new undertaking of him.

You guys would be supprised how many people buy Reproduction Racks. Have them mounted and call them "their own". Lots of folks with hunting lodges buy big Racks or Reproductions and have them mounted and hang them up in their Lodges. So all the guest hunters will think that the deer came off their property.

Personally, I like to buy sheds and mount them but I don't claim them as mine. I keep them in my show room for customers and guests to look at.

I thought that is was a great JOKE!! It was all in good fun. Those few of you who don't "get it" need to lighten up. Way to go Zim. You keep us on our toes and add a little fun to our days.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom